Clothing advice for someone in their 20s?

I'm in my early 20's and a recent college grad and I'm beginning to build a wardrobe. Do you have any suggestion on wear to find professional, professional clothes?

Favorite Answer

Banana Republic

Zara(for trendier pieces and tops)

Rampage(same as above)

Ann Taylor

Ralph Lauren(shop online for sale items)

Brooks Brothers

J. Crew

Target occasionally has some good basics if you're on a tight budget

Splurges(for really nice basics that you shouldn't skimp on such as

suits and sweaters)

Neiman Marcus

Saks Fifth Avenue

Shopping at those stores, you should be able to build a good wardrobe if your work place promotes Buisness Casual dress. Rampage and Zara have trendier pieces that you can mix with your basics, but I've found that they also have great staples. Obviously, you don't want to buy everything at once, so I would suggest first buying:

Black or subtle Plaid/Wool Pants

White button down

Sturdy blazer

Sweater Set(look for a fit that isn't dowdy)

Pearls

Basic pumps(they don't have to be dowdy either, but don't get a super high heel or super pointy toe!)

Wool skirt

Hope that helps!

• Rachel

It really depends on your budget. I'm also in my early 20s and I have a few really beautiful and classic suits from Tahari (bought at Neiman Marcus) that cost a bundle. I also have a few suits from Macys that are much, much cheaper but more... funky and cutting edge.

I say spend a lot of money on quality- you want it to last you a long time. If you're looking for different colors or interesting designs, go to Macys. If you want classic suits that are well-made and cheap, try J Crew, Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft.

If you are looking for professional clothing for a twenty something.

I would have to suggest Banana republic, Ann Taylor or Nordstrom.

Suits can be a little expensive however a great investment.

Good luck on you endeavors!

I suggest buying the Lucky shopping manual. I ahve it, and I recommend it. It is not specific pieces with prices and where to buy them, but it shows you options of clothes that flatter your body and wok together.It gives you lists and pictures of items you should have in your closet. There are also parts that show you a few pieces and mix and match them.

I find it very useful.

I know Ann Taylor is a nice place, but I you want to save time check out the website.

it doesn't happen over night,, just stop by different shops, like macys or ann taylor and pick up nice pieces here and there. you do get what you pay for, so better to buy slowly then a bunch of junk up front. it will last awhile, and if not "too trendy" you'll be able to wear it awhile.. also buy things you can mix and match for variety until its grown. good luck and much success in the new year!!

ps - upscale resale shops hv many name brands with tags for dirt cheep. stupid people like me buy things all the time and never wear them!! then hv to make room for new stuff we forget to wear :p

• hamze

i became the comparable suitable way! I had to placed on maternity pants at 9 weeks. the lining of the maternity pants a minimum of is comfortable sufficient to improve with your abdomen. a good place that i got here across "professional" clothing became JC Penney's. have you ever tried Motherhood Maternity, it is likewise in some Babie R US. good success!

I had an intern in my classroom and she was in her early 20's and she usally wore sweaters from american eagle and nice dress pants. Its cute, but still professional.

try your local thrift store, the super rich give to them and name tags on alot of it.

the money goes to a benefit perhaps like the rescue squads

JC Penney and Sears

J.C. Penney is good and I would try Marshall's Dept. Store.