Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

coughing fits turn into seizures?

every time my father coughs he passes out for a moment and has these shaking fits, then wakes up wondering what just happened.

Favorite Answer

The coughing did not cause the seizure. The seizure caused the coughing. It was a sign that he was having trouble inside. Learn to watch for these signs that his seizure activity is beginning. Learn what to do in those instances, for example, give him a prn (as-needed medication) or help him lie down and be free of obstructions. What you might have heard, about a spoon is his mouth, is ridiculous. Do that only under a doctor's direction.

If hes shaking violently its a Grand Mal seizure is he epileptic? or has had brain trauma? My brother suffered from non-epileptic seizures cause he fell down the stairs when he was a baby. The seizures cut oxygen from his brain and made him a little slow. Have your dad see a neurologist. My brother passed away 3 days before his 25th birthday because of a violent seizure.

if you let severe coughing go on for a period of time it can turn into something down the road if not treated. I would get your dad checked out as soon as you can and don't let that coughing go on to much longer.

he can get a heart attack if he gets a seizure he should tell the doctor i really think that this is really serioud dont you !!!!

good luck with that!!=]