Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

coughing fits turn into seizures?

every time my father coughs he passes out for a moment and has these shaking fits, then wakes up wondering what just happened.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The coughing did not cause the seizure. The seizure caused the coughing. It was a sign that he was having trouble inside. Learn to watch for these signs that his seizure activity is beginning. Learn what to do in those instances, for example, give him a prn (as-needed medication) or help him lie down and be free of obstructions. What you might have heard, about a spoon is his mouth, is ridiculous. Do that only under a doctor's direction.

• 1 decade ago

If hes shaking violently its a Grand Mal seizure is he epileptic? or has had brain trauma? My brother suffered from non-epileptic seizures cause he fell down the stairs when he was a baby. The seizures cut oxygen from his brain and made him a little slow. Have your dad see a neurologist. My brother passed away 3 days before his 25th birthday because of a violent seizure.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you let severe coughing go on for a period of time it can turn into something down the road if not treated. I would get your dad checked out as soon as you can and don't let that coughing go on to much longer.

• 1 decade ago

he can get a heart attack if he gets a seizure he should tell the doctor i really think that this is really serioud dont you !!!!

good luck with that!!=]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.