Caramel asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

My heart feels weird?

Sometimes when I'm at work or even relaxing, I would get a sharp pain right under my heart in my rib area. I mean the pain is so intense, I can't move or anything for those few minutes.

Also, my heart palpitates really fast, or sometimes it pounds so hard like 2 or 3 times like it wants to shoot out of my chest.

What could be wrong? I'm only 24 yrs old. Thanks

Favorite Answer

You need to talk to your parents & make an apt to go see you doc. ASAP. This is not something to take lightly.

Source(s): *Nursing experience 25 years.

It could be a number of things: GERD, Acid Reflux, an ulcer, etc.

Any kind of chest related pain needs to be addressed to your doctor. I've had that happen before and I panicked and went straight to the ER. It turned out to be acid reflux and an ulcer. But I'm not saying that may be what's wrong with you. Only a doctor could tell you. Make an appointment with your doctor and let him or her know about this. They may give you an EKG, which really isn't as bad as it sounds. For an EKG, they apply stickers and electrodes to your chest, arms, and sometimes your legs and it interprets your heart signals onto markings on a piece of paper. The doctor can read the markings on the piece of paper and tell a lot about your heart(for example it would pick up on if a person has ever had a heart attack, has irregular heart beat, etc)

You should go see your doctor, get an EKG and a 24 hour halter monitor to look for arrythmia patterns over 24 hours. Have them also test for esophageal reflux, which can cause similar symptoms.

if your not a smoker,and pretty much a healthy person your probably fine, chest pain can be caused by alot of tedious things, like #1 stress, causes a thoraic stress,(chest pains,and pain between the shoulder blades),GURD(acid reflux) little people know they even have it, or mistake it for heart problems when really its indigestion!! those would be my two best assumptions

Source(s): personal experience with teh same symptoms!

You should see your doctor just in case. It may be brought on by caffeine. You can try and cut that and see if the palpitations go away, but definitly ask your doctor to be safe.

• JAMI E

Sounds like something is going on with your asophigas. Be careful. When your body suffers some type of trauma your heart will of course react to it. Try not to overexert yourself, and see a MD

you might want to ask you parents if there are heart problems in the family and if so I would check it out to be on the safe side.

Are you also experiencing shortness of breath with your symptoms?

ask a physycian.

don't ask here.