why do people decorate for Christmas?

all they are going to do is loss it and when the next year comes are you are going to probaly have a arc enemy and yall are going to try to out do each other and end up spending christmas money for some lights i could see if it was on a christmas tree but why on a house. i bet if everyone in the world put there money together of how much they spend on outside chrisrmas lights it would be more than 35billion or everymore higher than that so whats they point of out door decoration more money to spend when you could just give it to a neddy family in america our if you every watched bet in the morning and thoses sad little kids that be on there with big stomachs and it is empty just think about it next time you buy so many lights

happy new years

p.s. dont you agree with me about the folishness in the world these days and the money that should be on a limit

and so yall give me some answers

Favorite Answer

I decorate my house because it fills my heart with joy. And I know for a fact that it does the same for the neighbors! They tell me so. And it has also motivated them to put some lights on their house as well.

As far as the money I spend on buying the lights and the money I spend to turn them on..... that's MY business. I work my fanny off for the money I make. And I choose to spend it on this. It makes me happy. And YES, I do give money to the needy. And I do give food to food banks. And YES.... I wasn't always in the position to do these things. I didn't have enough money to pay my bills at one time in my life. I dug my way out the hole ON MY OWN.

Happy New Year to you too

• Holly

Um, most people don't see decorating as a competition. That's mostly just a plot for Christmas movies. People decorate because it's a celebration and it brings their family together with tradition and love. If someone was truly doing it out of spite, then of course they shouldn't do that.

But don't blame something like Christmas lights for world hunger and poverty. There are lots of reasons why those things shouldn't exist. They are political and religious, and as far as I can tell have nothing to do with Christmas lights. You could say the same thing of just about any product. The problem is deeper than that.

You are probably right when you say that it is a waste of money. Lets see what other things are a waste of money, drinking, smoking, vacations, cars, pets, Christmas Gifts, 2ND pair of shoes, two purses, cell phones, televisions, computer, is it really the Christmas lights, or are you just one of those people who are Anti-Christmas. Americas give more money to charity than any other country.

People give to charities all year long, but most of that money goes to pay the inflated wages of the heads of the charities. Most of that money does not actually go to the families. I give directly to my local Children's hospital and take toys down there. Most of the so-called needy families have at least one, if not two parents that are either drunks or drug addicts that would rather spend their money on their "Fix" than on their kids.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, I agree . Every year, people get so excited to decorate their houses with light, deers with the electric moving heads and ch oping Christmas trees? Then lighting it up with orments. Dose anyone agree with her, besides me ? Lets not forget Santa Claus !

People do it to express their happiness and share the joy.

Some thing to do.