How do i get Restaurants in the United States to Offer regular food portion sizes.?

This is a serious question.I went out to eat yesterday and i remained with 6 extra rolls and a huge sized meal.How do i go about getting Restaurants in the United States to Stop offering Enormous meals that results in obesity and wasted food whilst other people are starving in the world .How do i go about getting restaurants to resize food portion sizes.

Favorite Answer

Sorry, you can't. The restaurants are only offering what the public wants. Restaurants have tried to offer small serving sizes, and gone out of business. It is very difficult to offer reduced portions at reduced prices, because the same time, effort, cleanup and other expenses prevail. When they try to sell smaller portions at the same price they end up with no business.

That's why Americans, from small children up, are extremely overweight to obese.

Restaurants serve extra large portions for a very good reason - - - - - profit. If they served half as much for half the price, their profit would drop way down. It would take just as long to cook, and just as long to serve the half size meal. The extra amount of raw food used would save only a tiny bit, so the restaurant would be loosing thirty to fourty percent per meal.

Also people talk about the size of the meal served. It's better for the restaurant when the meals are described as really large. After all, you can take home food for a snack when the portion is too large, but if you don't get enough, the restaurant lost another customer.

The restaurant owners aren't, and shouldn't be concerned with obesity. Appetite control is the responsibility of the individual.

Source(s): common sense

Just do what I do. I eat half or less then bring the rest home. I can make 3 meals out of one restaurant meal. If you do get them to cut portions make sure they cut prices too because Im not paying the same for half the food.

Well you could start eating at those really expensive, really nice restaurants where you need to wear a tie to eat at and there you can get a normal or even "too small" portions for $20-$30 a pop.

You probably cannot change the portion size. Either split your meal with someone one or take part of it home. Encourage others to do the same

Do what I do, if possible, order the kid's meal. You can also use take-out boxes, or, better yet, get a dog. My dog loves take-out. :P It's so nice of the restaurants to provide enough food for me AND my dog. (half collie half newfoundland) *yes I'm being sarcastic*

Personally I have no problem with wasting food on my plate. I always eat everything on my plate. That the way I was raised. If I did not finish what was on my plate I was not allowed to have dessert.

Concerning the other parts of the world that have starving people, educate then not to reproduce. The less children they have the more food the will have.

If you have a problem with your portion size, order a smaller meal, perhaps of the kids menu.

I'm glad that they do, my dog loves it when I bring him home the leftovers. He buried the bones saturday that I brought home, I guess he didn't like their BBQ sauce. They did overdo it with the BBQ sauce. He ate the meat though, and the baked potato. I wonder why he weighs 131 pounds...

Stop eating at restaurants and cook your own food at home.

order off of the seniors menu. cheaper and smaller portions