Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

alig asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

I am moving to Chicago but I am going to stay loyal to my ATL Braves.?

Will I be hated at a Cubs/Braves game if my wear my A hat?

Favorite Answer

No chicago fans hate each other (White Sox and Cubs) and the cardinals. Dont worry about being hated at a Cubs/Braves game because any good Cubs fan who sees you in the middle of Wrigley with a Braves hat will respect you.

well i am sure you will be hated by some cubs fans, but if you go to a cubs/braves game then won't there be other braves fans there too. i think that you would be fine wearing your A hat. if you are planning on staying loyal to your team then it shouldn't matter to you what anyone else thinks. i know my dad and his family moved from CT to NC and he is a big time Yankees fan and still is even though many of the people down there dislike them.

• ?

Here my brilliant idea...

Buy both jerseys (Cubs and Braves Jersery)

Now, when you go to a home game (Which would be a Braves @ Cubs game im guessing) Where your Cubs Jersey, over your Braves jersey. When your Braves win, rip away the Cubs jersey and cheer! If they lose... keep the Cubs Jersey on and make sure to be happy instead of sad...

Now you can do what i've just said, i was just kidding around... but no and yes. Some people won't hate you, but since your cheering for the away team, you will or might be getting some rudeness going on.

Good Luck Dude!

Source(s): I've tried the jersey tactic at a New York game a year ago with my uncles, when Scott Baker was the starting pitcher. Since we won that game, i ripped my NY Jersey open and just laughed my butt off at the sad Yankee fans. NOT TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING!

no if u like the braves that's fine u might have some problems when the braves play the cubs other then that no. just deepends on what side of the city ur going to move to really

Rotator cuff isn't something to play around with. the only thank you to extremely take care of this is to no longer pitch at fascinated with a minimum of a month. i be attentive to, I had an analogous issue and that replaced into the only thank you to restoration it. (different than surgical operation). i'm no longer so optimistic pulling Smoltz in the pen is the respond the two. instead of a 4 or 5 day relax between starts, it incredibly is accessible that he ought to wind up pitching an inning or 2 daily or on the least 4 situations a week. this isn't good for an ill arm. the only thank you to be certain is for the Braves to attempt it and notice what happens. the guy is incredible! no count what happens, he's a distinctive corridor of famer.

No ya won't b hated. I promise that you will have a certain degree of respect for the Cubs the first time you go to Wrigley....it's the most magical field in sports. I would however advise you to leave anything White Sox in Atlanta. But c'mon now there is plenty of room in Cubbie nation for everyone.

No, don't worry about it a bit. I've worn my cardinal colors to several card cubs games and never had a bit of trouble. I think baseball fans in general are pretty good people and besides a little friendly teasing I don't think you'll have any problems. Hey, your moving to a city with 2 teams. that could be kinda interesting for ya. Good luck and happy new year

Depends where you are sitting...

Don't try to be a bleacher bum with a braves hat on! Just support your new home team when they are playing anyone but the braves, and where your stuff with pride when the braves are in town. But as I am sure you know, as I am a braves fan myself, WE hate people who come into our house and act rude. So be nice...

I don't think the Braves and Cubs have a huge rivalry. If you were a Cardinals or White Sox fan it would be a different story.

no because you wont be the only won wearing a atlanta hat or jersey thats good that you are stickin with them so dont worry the home team wont like it but hey at every gae people are goin to cheer for the opposing team

Source(s): life expereince at games