promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I have had sinus congestion for a week. how do i get rid of it?

can it be a infection

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It could. Go see a doctor and if it is you'll need antibiotics to get rid of it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Like the other answers I say call the doctor but until you can get in take a decongestant and try Neilmed sinus rinse. Can you take Sudafed? I have sinus issues and it works for me.

If you want something natural, put 3 drops each into boiling water and breathe in vapors (cinnamon oil, clove oil and thyme oil). If you don't want to use that, boil water and breathe the steam with a towel over your head.

Also rub some vicks vapor under your nose before you sleep (or on your pillow) to open passages. You can try a nasal spray but not for more than 3 days in a row, will dry them up and cause more irritation. Good luck! I feel your pain!

• 1 decade ago

Try your doctor first for sure, but in the meantime you could use a nasal spray to help dry up your congestion. The one I use is called 'Beconase' and it works for me as a preventative and cure for sinus conditions and can be used daily unlike some other brands eg. nyal which are now and again sprays.

Or if you prefer you could use a saline solution which is available in most pharmacies and is the more natural way to go.

Just spray up each nostril a few times a day and see how you go until you see your doctor.

• 1 decade ago

antihistamine. If not, go see a dr. you might have an infection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.