mags1086 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

What side effects have people had with nuva ring?

I just started the nuva ring and i was wondering what kinda side effects other people have experienced with it. More specifically has anyone had bad weight gain, headaches, and such. Also, has anyone experienced breast enlargement?

Favorite Answer

I used it for over a year and loved it. It's the lowest dose of hormones so I had no side effect at all. the hormones are what prevent pregnancy, not like other forms that actually make you abort a baby each month you may get pregnant. It was the easist form of birth control I've ever used.

I have experienced no side affects from nuvaring. I have been using it for a year and a half and I love it. The only problem I have (which I have with all b/c) is that I get headaches when the hormones stop. Fortunately I cut down to only 4 periods/year so that problem was reduced and since nuvaring works for 4 weeks it doesnt cost extra. The convenience is also a huge plus.

The most common side effects reported by users are:

* Headache

* Weight gain

* Nausea

* Breast tenderness