Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Im trying to find out the value of a1941 penny & a 1943-D steel penny?

Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The 1941 as well as the 1943-D are common cents and are not scarce. The 1941 had a mintage of 887,039,100. The 1943-D though made of zinc coated steel had a mintage of 217,660,000. As you can see the mintage figures are very high. I can buy a nice 1941 and 1943-D for a nickel or so each, from any coin dealers wheat cent box. I must admit nice looking 1943 cents are not as plentiful as they used to be. A lot of ones that had rust are plated to look good, but most of the detail in the wheat stocks is gone on them. In reality they now are a damaged coin. I will hold on to all nice 1943 cents. They won't go crazy in your life time, but to a son or daughter who knows and you are only putting away a few cents.

Source(s): 46 years a numismatist, Red Book A Guide To U.S. Coins, My local dealers wheat box.
  • 1 decade ago

so you're putting your two cents in?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.