Im trying to find out the value of a1941 penny & a 1943-D steel penny?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The 1941 as well as the 1943-D are common cents and are not scarce. The 1941 had a mintage of 887,039,100. The 1943-D though made of zinc coated steel had a mintage of 217,660,000. As you can see the mintage figures are very high. I can buy a nice 1941 and 1943-D for a nickel or so each, from any coin dealers wheat cent box. I must admit nice looking 1943 cents are not as plentiful as they used to be. A lot of ones that had rust are plated to look good, but most of the detail in the wheat stocks is gone on them. In reality they now are a damaged coin. I will hold on to all nice 1943 cents. They won't go crazy in your life time, but to a son or daughter who knows and you are only putting away a few cents.

Source(s): 46 years a numismatist, Red Book A Guide To U.S. Coins, My local dealers wheat box.

so you're putting your two cents in?