What do u do if ur comp wont recognize ur cd?

i bought the new my chemical romance cd and my computer wont recognize it! Help!!1

Favorite Answer

Slam your computer on the ground.....Just kidding....make sure the disk is clean and use a cleaner to clean drive. Try again and see if this works. If not, make sure your computer has the latest upgrades for your media type and restart computer. Then try again..this should work.

There are a couple of reasons, one is that the CD has a form of security encoding that stops a PC from playing it, I know that is the case as I have some myself with this problem.

If it plays in a normal CD or DVD player thats the cause, also there is a little label on the case that tells you its protected.

The other reason could be the laser has dust on it, so get a cleaning cd to clean the head.

Maybe the speed at which your cd was written(burnt) is higher than the speed at which your cd rom can read.if this is the case then you need to do one of the following;

1.Replace your cd rom with one that reads higher,eg one marked 52x or 56x.

2.rewrite the cd at very low speed,eg 24x or 16x.

NOTE:The second option is illegal.so do it at your own risk.

Source(s): ibrahimoum@yahoo.com

if it recognizes all other cds then it's a bad cd. if it quit recognizing all cds then it's a bad cdrom replace it.