Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

Eye color?

I don't know whether people really have purple/violet eyes...I've never seen such eyes but I never was sure. Do people have such an eye color?

Favorite Answer

yes, it is possible, but obbiously very rair

I don't think so. Maybe a kind of warm purplish blue in rare cases, but not a true purple. The reason is that the blue colour is caused by a refraction of light from the cornea, which is actually grey. It just doesn't reflect purple that way. Other eye colours are created by a overlay of pigment that is yellowish (mixing with blue to make green) or brown.

It would be a mutation if they did. Albino people have what appears to be pink eyes, but it is an absence of pigment that makes them look that way. It is actually a mixture of the whites of the eye and the blood vessels in the eye that make them appear pink.

Of course with contacts people can make their eyes just about any color they want.

The only person I've ever heard having violet eyes is Elizabeth Taylor.

I guess people do have purple eyes in some cold regions of the world. What i believe is that its very rare to find someone having jet black eyes.

yes people really have purple voilet eyecolor.it is due to heradity

the purple eye may have pass from that person fore perent who

live long age made be one thousand years ago and this trait is

still in the blood of this family and it may likely be that about 15%

of that generation will have purple eyes.

I do not believe this is a true color. People these days can put in any color of contact lenses, so it is hard to tell if someone is a true blond etc.

• Zaza

yes there are people. just like green eyes are actually a form of blue eyes, some people can get dark blue/violet eyes.

Sometimes if they are albino their eye color is purple instead of red!!!

my AP Biology book says yes...

But my instructor is undecided.