koukla asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

question about permed hair?

if you perm your hair...and then STRAIGTHEN it with a flat iron....will your hair come back curly after u wash it (after you straighteneed it)?

Favorite Answer

Your hair will be curly after you wash it. A perm is a chemical re-bonder. The flat iron is mechanical. Be aware, though, straightening it repeatedly with the flat iron can pull some of the curl down. Not likely to become str8 though.

Source(s): I've been a hairstylist for 24 years.

It used to be that you need to wait a week before doing anything after a perm. Now, ya probably should wait a couple days. After that, you can, it will loosen the curls faster tho. But it will curl right back up after you wash and condition again. At least it does for me.

Yea, it'll go back curly. I just got my hair permed and I made the mistake of perming my bangs too and I hate it. So, everyday I straighten them and much to my dismay they go back curly. So, yea it'll go back curly!

Tips on How to do Perms/

Hairstyle Tips and tricks / Winter Haircare

Bob hairstyles/Cornrows

How to do Layering / French braid / African-ethnic hairstyles

Tips on Hair coloring / Hair Dyeing tips

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/

Hairstyle photo gallery -http://geebal.blogspot.com/

Wish you a happy and prosperous new year.

yes when your hair gets wet it goes curly again

yes...perm is short for permanent...it's as if you are naturally curly until your straight roots come in...trust me i know

you bet. nothings going to take that curl out but cutting it off.

yes, it will go curly again