Amy asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Curling tips and products for mediom length straight hair needed!!?

My hair comes down to a few inches below my shoulders and is VERY straight. I want t be able make it very curly and make the curls last the entire day, but my hair is so think and straight that it's hard to do with curlers and irons. I've been using hot curlers and this Thermasilk curl sculpting gel (which has helped, but not much) and have been getting better results, but still need some help.

Can you, the Answers community, impart your curling wisdom of tips and products onto me so that I may finally have some curls?

Favorite Answer

What I do to have curly hair is wrap my hair in a towel after my shower and within 5 minutes, I put Paul Mitchell's "Skinny Hair Serum" in to prevent frizz and add shine. Then, I comb it and add mouse. Then, flip my head over and scrunch my hair for about 5 minutes. Allow it to completely dry for about 30 minutes. Then, I comb through and I have wavy hair that looks beautiful, without a curling iron.

I would try using mousse instead of gel. I feel that gel on fine, thin, hair, such as my own, weighs it down. Proper application of the product is another important factor. I tell my clients to towel dry and blow dry a bit b4 putting any product in the hair. Reason being, the less moisture you have in the hair the less the product will be diluted and therefore, better results. I would also use a heat activated curling spray. Mist the hair or individual section lightly and proceed with curling method. I recommend Redken #15 Spray startch. Mousse-Full frame #7. Use sparingly at first because you can always add more.

Source(s): Me, hairstylist for 24 years

My hair is wavy, so i'm not particular how nicely this is going to furnish you with the outcomes you want with instantly hair, yet I merely placed slightly of of wave or curl gel in towel dried hair after I get out of the bathe and braid it even as this is nevertheless moist. Then I sleep on it and enable it dry contained in the braid, and contained in the morning take it down and tousle it with my hands, perhaps including slightly of of water and a tiny bit extra gel and scrunch it up slightly with my fingers. this is going to not be curly in step with say, inspite of the indisputable fact that it truly is wavy and that i imagine evidently fairly.

braid it in small sections while it is still damp (but not completely wet) and leave it for a few hours or even overnight, then when you take it out put gel or mousse in it and scrunch it with your hands

if you really like it why don't you just go to a salon ask them to do it permanently!! and just iron it if you want it staight again