Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

Where can you buy ammunition for an M14 rifle, .30 caliber?

I meant the M1 Carbine so it would not be the 7.62 X 51mm (.308), it would be the .30 carbine.

Favorite Answer

An M14/M1A takes 7.62 NATO - the commercial version is .308 Winchester. The cartridge is 7.62x51mm.

An M1 Carbine takes .30 Carbine ammo - 7.62 carbine - but its known simply as .30 Carbine.

These are two totally different catridges for two totally different guns.

You can get the ammo in store or online. Midway USA is a good source - or in a pinch, Walmart will do.

Many will state this or that caliber is best. But you will not go wrong using a 30-06. Next to the 30-30, it is one of the most popular large game rounds out there. Many don't like it because of the recoil or because it doesn't shoot flat enough for them. I say: Be a man, learn the ballistics and go hunting. 30-06 ammo is widely available. Almost every manufacturer makes it in a great selection of loads. I have yet to walk into the smallest of sporting stores or even the country general store and not find a couple of boxes on the shelves. I own an M1 Garand and it is my favorite rifle. I am seriously considering a bolt action myself.

Man I shot competition for years with a M14 and custom build them today for competition and have never seen one chambered for a .30 carbine. It should be a .308 and you can buy that ammo almost anywhere. I would suggest getting some National Match ammo though. The gun tends to love it at long range (over 600 yards)

The M-14 uses a .308 Winchester bullet that can be purchased at almost any sporting goods store. Ask someone in firearms, they should be able to help.

SHOP SMART! That stuff is getting expensive anymore. Look for NATO plastic battlepacks. They can be had a lot cheaper than even the equivalent amount of ammo bought at none other than Wal-Mart.

You should be able to get it at a gun shop ... not a sporting goods store, but a gun shop. They have all the usual ammo and some of the not so common stuff.

That would be cal .308 7.62

Try Cabela's. They have some good prices on bulk ammo. That's where I usually go.

Source(s): www.cabelas.com

Dick's sporting goods or your local gun store? Go online to a hunting website or go to a store that sells hunting/guns??

Sprigfield!, it just takes about 15 minutes to get there, right?

Source(s): Bart simpson(me)