Arbed K asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My 3 year old beagle keeps urinatiing in the house. Getting rid of her is not an option.?

I have a boyfriend that moved in. I noticed that when he argues with me she will urinate in the middle of the night. I'm not sure if this is connected, but I think so. I'm tired of steam cleaning, but am willing to continue to keep her. The boyfriend goes b4 she'll go! Help! What can I do?

• 2179
    Favorite Answer

A few questions: Have you had her for her 3 years? Was she housebroken up until now ( since your boyfriend moved in)

If you answered yes to the two questions, then I think the boyfriend is the problem...she may be nervous with him arguing with you....Glad to hear you aren't getting rid of her....Also, is she going out frequently, especially before bedtime?

Good Luck

Ok, well it's pretty obvious...

Dogs get upset when humans argue...you're stressing the dog out.

In our house, the rules are no yelling or shouting.

If you're arguing with your boyfriend, get rid of him, the dog will be around for a lot longer than the boyfriend in any case.

You don't need to steam clean....just head to the petstore and get a specific pet accident spray that removes the stain and the odur.

You may like to install a doggie door so your pet can go out doors as well, however stressed dogs will just urinate then and there....just like a little kid who wets it's paints when it is being stressed usually by the parents yelling at the child.

I have a beagle and they are very senitive. If she wasn't peeing in the middle of the night she's stressed out. Get rid of the boyfriend. Dogs will love you no matter what. Good luck.

i could first take him to the vet for some blood exams to make optimistic he does not have any kidney issues or a UTI. 2d, Nature's Miracle won't get the fragrance of the urine out adequate for the canines. He can in all possibility nonetheless scent it and thinks its very properly to pee in an analogous place. Steam sparkling the carpet and use the cleanser it extremely is particularly made to take up puppy injuries.

Maake sure your dog gets outside time before bed just one last pee before the long night. After your fight with him what do you do? go to bed? alone? because that might also effect her. Or do you stay crying alone? I think you need to seach your behavior after the fight. Let me know if you get this resolved. Count yourself lucky I dont have a steamer cleaner and I have an aging dog who cant always hold it plus she's been throwing up? Good Luck

Try crate training her. If she wasn't urinating in the middle of the night before, I'd get her checked first for a Urinary Tract Infection.

Dump the BF, buy the dog some pull-ups until the problem stops.

Dont argue with your boyfriends because ur dog loves you and is worried about you

She is nervous and upset, tell the boyfriend to wise up and act mature around your dog.

This is connected, take the dog outdoors after u and the boyfriend immaturely fuss about crap

• Animals are like kids.

If you want to keep the Beagle dump the Dog.