Are Dr.Stephen Hawkings Theories Correct?

The reason I have posed this question is that great thinkers like him

need to be challenged.

Favorite Answer

All theories should be challenged. That's the way they are either proven or debunked. If we were to merely accept every theory that respected authorities came up with, without providing proof, we would still be in the dark ages - sometimes I think maybe we are edging back toward the dark ages once again. That's my theory, try to disprove it.

No one knows whether any theories are correct or not. That is why they are theories. It is enough to know that they are consistent with what we see in real life. If they are not, new theories are developed and tested.

Many people have probably challenged his ideas, so you don't have to worry about doing it yourself. It would be rather foolish for everyone to take whatever he (or anyone else) says without testing it themselves.

• Ted

Just like Albert Einstein, no one at the time could prove his theory of relativity. It is just that, a theory yet to be proved or disproved. I would not want to be the person who takes this man on as he is brilliant and as yet, there is no one and no way to disprove what the great man has to postulate.

I had thought that he was behind string theory or the theory of everything, but it turns out he is much like any other curious person...he has been analyzing it too....He isn't really the center of anything as far as I can tell, he's just really smart.

Hawking radiation cant exist without black holes

Black holes are very shaky theoretical entities!

If they concern m-space in 11 dimensions and parallel universes then yes, otherwise, no.