i need to take my hamster to the vet but i just got him so i havent picked him up yet. what should i do?

i just got my hamster sat. he seems to be scratching himself to much. i think i need to take him to the vet but i havent picked him up yet but i need to take him! what should i do???

Favorite Answer

take the whole cage. or buy a carring case and place it in its cage. wait till it crawls in and put the lid on!

• Erika

My hamster did that as quickly as we first have been given him. He would not bypass away the field he got here in to bypass into the cage, all he did became cry. And yet another hamster I had, she became not even a million month previous, however the puppy shop offered her to us. She became high-quality.

What kind of bedding did you give him? Put the animal in some tirn paper towels and see if that helps the itching.

It may be whatever kind of bedding material you have put in the cage is giving the animal itching spells.

If you haven't touched him yet, use gardening gloves for the first time to let him get used to it. Then put him in the carrier for the vet.

huh? well how could he be scratching himself if you havn't picked him up yet....maybe if you could clarify your question a bit more.

hey, hampters have itchy balls too. You would itch them too if yours were twice the size of your head!