whats the deal with the baggy pants fashion?

i see these teenagers wearing there pants so low below there ***..and you see the boxers...wtf is that?..thats retarted..and they walk like ducks..i mean..yeah i wear baggy pants..but goddamn!..never EVER that low..like what kind of style is that..i mean..please..tell me?...how do they walk IN THOSE!?!?...

ohh yeah and im african american...ohh and the way i wear my pants is this way...

http://i4.discount24.de/4/prod/928000/928091_d1n.j...

notice its not too baggy..or droopy...

Favorite Answer

Would love to get ahold of the idiot who started this "so-called" fashion....it is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I've seen boys (white and black) with their jeans riding so low that they have to hold them up by the crotch! Somebody PLEASE stop this madness!

The origin of baggy pants, as well as other fashion trends that influenced hip hop (like sneakers with no laces) actually stems from the prison system. Inmates weren't allowed to wear belts or drawstrings (or shoelaces) with thier prison clothes out of concern they'd use them to hang themselves. Since rap is heavily influenced by crime, and impressionable youth are influenced by rap, the look spread. RUN DMC were among the first to rock sneakers with no laces, which was a short-lived trend, but the baggy jeans stuck, and have been around ever since.

Source(s): African American Studies dept. at Columbia University Course: Hip Hop Culture Professor: Michael Eric Dyson

The beginning of dishevelled pants, as nicely as different vogue developments that inspired hip hop (like footwear with out laces) certainly stems from the penal complex gadget. Inmates weren't allowed to placed on belts or drawstrings (or shoelaces) with thier penal complex outfits out of shock that they had use them to allure to close themselves. considering the fact that rap is heavily inspired with the aid of crime, and impressionable toddlers are inspired with the aid of rap, the seem unfold. RUN DMC have been between the 1st to rock footwear with out laces, which became a quick-lived style, however the dishevelled denims caught, and characteristic been around ever considering the fact that.

I am disgusted with skin tight pants and the sloppy, baggy and idiotic pants. If people like the above that's fine but they are not what you call fashion but a fad. Now, as for your pants--they look very nice.

i totally agree with you. they are bad fashion. my son wears pants baggy but not so baggy that they hang below the hips. (mainly because he is so slim that i have a hard time finding jeans for him). i think guys look better in levis or wranglers. i love cowboys what can i say- i'm married to one.

• Chris

Its just a new level, the more boxer you show, the cooler you are, I personally enjoy it but not when it gets too out of hand,.......you know what I mean, I am not african american I am Latina

Agree with you totally. They've been wearing like this since the 90's. And we all used to make plumber jokes!

It is probably just some home boy rebellious fashion statement. The more daggy you look the cooler you are. It looks very uncomfortable.

• Jay

Honestly, I hate it, but I think it's better than when guys wear girl jeans.

It's for easy access, if you know what i mean