Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

My husband used to send me ecards online, but not for about 6 months. He knows I love them. Why'd he stop?

I usually send him very nice ecards for different occasions, including romantic ones. We have been together for over a year.

He thanks me for the ones I send, and recently he said, "I know you like to get them, too!" I told him I did, but so far, no ecards from him. What would you make of this?

• Sugar
    Favorite Answer

Not as exciting any more.*-* Maybe. tell him that you still enjoy them and would like to continue to get them.I wouldn't read to much into it.

• Elisa

Before you take him back set up an appointment for marriage counseling. Find out what has made him decide why he loves you now after being apart for six months. What transpired through this period of time that made him realize how important you are in his life now! What precautions and measurements will he take to work on the relationship? A lot of communication is needed and a proffesional involved that can be objective with all of your issues. Your emotions are at stake here and you want to be sure that he is coming back for all the right reasons. While the two of you get help start dating again and see how you both feel about each other. Don't let him back untill you are sure things are put in the right place and understood. Take your time and don't be pressured into a decision you are not sure of. Best of luck to the both of you.

There can be many reasons for the sudden stop in ecards. He could be wrapped up in work or another activity he is working on. He also could just be taking a break ther are only so many i love you ecards. But to get him going again why don't you send the ecards! i hope things work out.

OMG to funny, we do that to each other all the time too. My Hubby hasnt sent me one in a good while ( ok i got 1 for christmas)....So i said just the other day "Hey" how about you send me a card, and then i'll send you one back "sound good"?

And as i walked away i said "Yeah" checking my email these days just isnt the same. Next day i had 1 and have had 3 more since.....I think Hallmark (ecards) has 1 that say's Tag your it, that would be cute to send him. Just to see if he get's the hint!!!!

He has simply lost interest in "trying" be romantic at least through the expression of ecards. Evidently, when he did this six months ago it was more about his ulterior motives as opposed to what you could naturally and forever expect from him. Good news is that he has not forgot how to be romantic, I would suggest you work to give him more reasons to behave differently.....Good luck!

You some times have to remember that it is OK to tell your husband what it is that you want from him. He isn't always going to pick up on signals that you are sending him.. We women seem to think that guys should read our minds... well I have only been married for five years and I try to just tell him what it is that I want from him.. He doesn't mind it makes the both of us much happier. He doesn't have to guess and I don't have to get upset at him for not getting the signals I'm sending..

Maybe he got bored with it.. I used to draw my husband little cartoons and he loved them but I got bored with them and stopped... you will find something else thats special for you two.. Variety is the spice of life remember?

"Hey send me an e-card." Dropping hints doesn't work on guys. Gotta say it direct. Do that and let us know how it went.

Maybe he was just busy. Or he was tired and bored of e-cards.If it is me ,I would try another ways to show my love to him.

The honey moon is over.