promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

birth control pills after giving birth?

how long after giving birth do you begin taking birth control pills? i started taking mine 1 week after giving birth... is anything wrong with that? if so what will happen?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would just ask your OBGYN. Why are you taking them so early anyway? I didn't start taking my pills until I went for my 6th week checkup. Your doctor will let you know if anything major would happen while taking the pills after one week of child birth.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are breastfeeding you shouldn't be taking them.

They say to wait 6 weeks to have sex anyway so I didn't start bc pills till 6 weeks after I gave birth.

• 4 years ago

I agree that 12 3 hundred and sixty 5 days old toddlers should not be on the pill - lots greater they should no longer be having intercourse in any respect. the mothers and fathers ought to instruct them approximately intercourse so as that they gained't test on their own and get pregnant/HIV as an end result. No understanding consequences with ignorant experimentation. My era replaced into taught approximately intercourse by employing their mothers and fathers. in the present day's youngsters are no longer and thanks to this we are seeing greater youngsters having intercourse to boot as getting pregnant and the fees of HIV in toddlers are increasing. Whomever this "Dr" T.S. Wiley is, the pill has been shown to no longer reason maximum cancers. The pill is greater ideal to older youngsters (a minimum of 17)and person women who choose the pill for scientific reasons and beginning administration.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your doctor will be able to tell you when your regular cycle will begin, or near it. You really need to talk to them about it so you can be as safe as possible from future pregnancy. Until you talk with a doc if you are having sex use other protection just in case.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that is fine I started mine as soon as got out of the hospital.

• Vida
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Ask your Dr.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

youre ok.stop worrying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.