Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 1 decade ago

Babysitting for 10 kids tonight ages 18mo.-8 years old. How can I entertain them?

Favorite Answer

Oh, perfect! This is what I used to do when I did babysitting in my teenage years: Let them entertain YOU! It's wonderful. You get to sit around while they're off doing something constructive. You tell them to go off to another room and make up a play to show you, or (for girls) tell them each one has to come up with a dance routine and you will judge to see who is the best, write a short story for you to judge, etc. I've found that if you tell them they are competing against each other they get excited and really put their minds to it and it can eat up alot of time! Of course, make sure everyone is a winner in the end so there aren't any hard feelings. Maybe one girl wins "best choreography" and the other wins for "best costume". Whatever.

• Darby

Make sure they have some kind of food. Hungry kids are no fun. Anything involving art is usually fun, but messy. Stories are good. Make a "fort" with a quilt, get a flash light, and pretend you are camping and tell stories and have sing-alongs. You can find some scary stories to read from the internet. (camp stories) Ask the older kids what they want to do. A movie never hurts, or Nick TV. Get them into their PJs before you start anything if this is a sleep over. If the weather is nice and not dark where you are, some kick ball or soccer or tag or hide-n-seek outside is a good way to blow off steam before it's house time.

All I have to say is good luck! That is a lot of kids and a huge age gap! I have both an 18-month old and an 8 yr old and there is no way to keep them both entertained with the same thing!

hopefully the older ones with keep busy playing with the younger ones!

hmmm that sucks love!! I'm sorry you have to babysit on New Year's Eve!! If it were me, I'd just let them watch a few movies... I know it's not very creative but that's what I'd probably end up doing. Or you can play hide-and-seek in the house. That will get them all tired. At midnight (where you're at) don't forget to let the kids go outside and bang pots and pans and scream and make a whole lotta noise!!

You must be stacking in the dollar bills! LOL Try putting on a movie. You can also play a game of charades or something simple that won't get them frustrated. The little ones should be sleep by now. Happy New Year and I hope your pay is worth it!!!

• isis

Crayons and construction paper ( with the older ones you can show them how to cut out snowflakes ( if having scissors around isn't too scary). Also, duck-duck-goose and if you have music turn some on for a little while and get everyone dancing...everyone loves to dance....and it's New Years Eve!!!

But on a movie for the older kids and put them in one room and give the littler kids some toys and put in a movie.... I would keep a closer eye on the littler ones since they really don't know anything. :) Hope it works out Happy New Year!

Tell them it's story time, read them a book, give them milk or water (no soda, they'll be bouncing off the walls). If they don't fall asleep after the book then watch a little TV with them or play a board game, then do nap time.

Games, legos, hide and seek, movie time before bed, be creative! If your not afraid of a mess do an art project with things you find around the house...everybody likes that.

Good movies for the older ones. Color books and crayons,cars, paper and stickers. Play pens for the younger ones. A helper.