For Men who are complimented on how they always smell Good...?

I would like to know your secret to smelling good for women. I have tried using cologne and talcum powder, but the smell never seems to last very long. Is there a SECRET that someone who is sucessful at fragrance management is willing to share with me?

I dont stink or anything, I just want to make a lasting impression.

Thanks in Advance for taking the time to answer this one.

Favorite Answer

I'm not a man but I know what I like my man to smell like.. go for everything in the same scent.. deodorant, bodywash, aftershave and cologne. Hugo Boss for men makes a gift set with aftershave, deodorant and cologne and my husband smells yummy when he uses it. Using them all together will enhance each other making the scent last longer. And more expensive perfumes and colognes last longer and are sometimes more potent than a cheap one you can find at walmart. However, if you want to refresh every few hours they make travel sizes in most colognes.

I seldom wear cologne. I had a gf years ago who worked with a guy who wore British Sterling and she liked the scent so she bought me some. Told me not to wear it any more because on ME it didn't smell good. Another gf told me she liked how I smelled without cologne. Too often men (and women) put too much on and it over powers. I had a guidance counselor that could be smelled coming (used ENGLISH LEATHER). No A/C in the school, so many windows were open and breezes blew down the hallways and it announced his pending arrival. When I do use a cologne, I spray some into the air and let it drift down onto my clothes. Your body oils will cause a difference in the smell of a cologne so don't put it directly on your skin. Use a good clean smelling soap and try that alone. Mixing scents could create an odd odor about you. Be careful doing that.

I'm not a guy but I have an answer for you. Don't buy the really cheap cologne, it's fragrance doesn't last. My man wears one of the Adidas colognes and it seems to last and smells fabulous!

Also try layering the scent with first using the body wash , then talcum powder and finally the cologne, all of the same fragrance. It won't be overpowering because the body wash and talcum powder are subtle.

i know you said men but, ill give you a little helpful advice....This is true for men and women, everyone is different and things smell different every person..The best thing you can do is try different brands of cologne. Some will work better on you than others, I spray a couple squirts in my closet once or twice a week. It helps it set into my clothes and make them smell really fresh even when I havent worn them in a while. Some men smell really good with one type of cologne and some dont...Try to use a combination of things like get shampoo for men body wash for men and have a similar smelling cologne for men.. you will smell great.........

My wife always tells me that I smell nice ( there are a few in the neighborhood who don't ). I don't have any secrets, and I don't know is hygiene does it, but I'm very careful of cleanliness. I don't just shower, I scrub thoroughly just before bed ( I love a clean bed ). In the morning, before dressing, I soap up my hands and thoroughly wash under my arms.

I dust my face with Johnsons Baby Powder before using my electric shaver to prevent razor burn. I'm sure some of the scent remains. Does this prevent body odor, or am I just lucky ? I can't answer that.

Source(s): personal habits.

I have that same experience / A couple of times I have been complimented on the scent of my cologne; I could not smell it but others could. Ask some of your guy friends if they can tell you are wearing cologne. - I'll bet they do.

Old Spice is it. I use the body wash, deodorant and body spray. I'm always being told I smell good, even by complete strangers.

Peiare Cardon a few squirts on the out side of clothing and a few even in my closet.

Deodorant, anti-persperant and a scent that works with your skin... Check a few out and see what works for you...

Issay Miyake is a great one for the ladies... :D

I know that this is corny but I swear it works for me. Clean body and Old Spice original deodorant.