Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

when cats multiply how many babies can they have in 1 birth?

My cat Jack and my cat cuddles had 6 kittens the last time she got pregnant and i was wondering how many kittens can they have?

Favorite Answer

Depends on the size of the cat. Smaller cats are known to have smaller litters (but you would be surprised...). Larger cats can have larger litters, but again, it's dependant on size, and the health of your pregnant feline.

My mom's cat had 7 when we were little. My foster parents' cat had six. Momma Cat (the cat we own now), had five. (And she's HUGE now.)

Cats usually have an average of around 3 to 4 kittens, this is usually at healthy standpoint. They also can have more than 4 kittens, but havings more than 6 shouldn't be healthy. I'm not a vet but i'm very confident about this. If you have a cat having 6 or more i'd check with the vet and check on your cat aswell.

Note: Also after your cat gives birth you need to feed her the same amount that you fed her during pregnacy so she can gain back the pounds to be a little healthy cat. *******

cats can give birth to 1, 3, 6, or even 16 kittens in one birth!!!

Source(s): i had a cat give birth to 16 kittens!!!!!!YES----in one birth!!!!! my daughter had a dog andbelieve it or not 16 puppies her first time too!!!!

Between three and eight. The last time my cat had kittens she had 7 kittens.

• Sugar

I have had cats for many years , the most one of them had is 4 However my sister's cat had 5

• Alyssa

usually around 1 to 6.

• maamu

I would say that 6 is usually the max. I am sure there are records higher than that--but normally 6 would be a large litter.

M

• Brian

Why is this in books and authors?

But anyways, when my cat had kittens (she was very young though), she had three.