promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
lisa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is coffee bad for you?

how many calories and fat is in one cup of coffee?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In moderation it is ok. Coffee itself has no calories or fat. It is what you put in it that you have to be careful about. Here are some suggestions:

If you make your own coffee, try using skim milk, low-carb milk, or sugar-free or fat-free creamer. Also, use Splenda to sweeten it, not sugar.

Some low-fat or fat-free whipped cream with cinnamon on top makes all the difference, too.

If you go to a coffee shop, you can ask them to use skim milk and a sugar-free syrup to sweeten it if you get a latte, cappuccino or espresso. Latte is a nice drink because it not too strong. If I were you, I would avoid the drinks that are not sugar-free even though they look good. They can pack a huge amount of calories, fat and sugar. For example, one drink can have 600 calories, 30 grams of fat and 80 grams of sugar.

Speaking of sugar, if you have diabetes or hypoglycemia, caffeine is not recommended as it can affect blood sugar levels.

Coffee can be ok but can also be bad. It is best to avoid it as it can cause trouble sleeping if you drink it too late in the evenings, or can cause withdrawal headaches and crankiness if you don't have some each day once you're used to it. On the other hand, it can also improve mental alertness.

If you have too much of it, it can cause heart palpitations and anxiety. But that wears off after a short time.

In general, if you use the rule "everything in moderation," and don't have too much (1-2 cups per day), it shouldn't affect you much one way or the other. But you can always check with a doctor on that to be sure as each person is different. This is only my opinion.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Coffee can be bad for you if you drink it in excess. It's the caffeine in it that's actually potentially "bad." Too much of it can make you jittery and nervous. The acidity of coffee can cause your stomach to produce too much acid, which can back up into your esophagus, causing Acid Reflux.

Coffee, by itself, has NO calories or fat. It's only WHAT YOU PUT IN IT--cream and sugar--that has the calories and fat.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

No need to worry 2 cups of coffee a day is very good for you ... like green tea coffee has many amazing benefits to it ... but if you want it to be healthier use skim milk in your coffee and try replacing the sugar with honey which is much healthier and remember honey is a natrul healer

• 1 decade ago

I know it has antioxidants in it. But as far as calories i have no idea. I wanted to know this too and found no nutrition info on the can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no coffee by it self is not bad for you, it's what you add to the coffee that makes it unhealthy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Coffee is not bad. I love it.

• 1 decade ago

most things are ok in moderation

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.