How are Christians supposed to feel about dream interpretation?

I mean is it ok for me to ask people what they think of my dreams or is that like witchcraft. Please dont call me stupid, I am being serious. I dont want to go against our Father's will.

But is it ok to ask others what they think a dream means?

Thank you all for being polite with you answers. I feel better about questioning my dreams now, as long as I line it up with the Bible. Thank you.

I have my own feelings about it, I just wanted to see how they lined up with other christians' feelings about it.

Favorite Answer

That is a valid question. In the Bible, Joseph, Daniel and Solomon all were able to interpret dreams. It is even mentioned in the book of Revelations that the last generation will have dreams. Having said that, God also tells us that we are NOT to deal with fortune tellers, witchcraft, etc., so, it is a really tough situation. If you are just having weird dreams and want to know what it means, I think you are going to dabble in what should not be done. If it were from God, you'd know it, he'd make sure. On the other hand, if your dreams are disturbing, talk to your pastor or to a psychiatrist perhaps. (Not trying to be rude, psychiatrists sometimes can analyze dreams.

In the old testament, Daniel interpreted dreams for the Pharoah... And so did Joseph. These were great men of God. I do not recall Jesus saying anything one way or the other about dream interpretation. Dreams are often the way Spirit speaks to us. If we cannot understand something, I see no harm in going to others to have them give you their understanding of it. BTW, "witchcraft" is not evil. There are many Christian "witches" in the world who use the power God has given them to perform good works for others. Do not condemn what you do not understand.

Everyone has dreams and tries to interpret them. There's nothing wrong with curiosity, is there? I believe in God also, and feel that dreams are Him trying to guide me somehow or make me figure out various things in my life. Some dreams, however, are just for pure entertainment. I can tell the difference. That's my take on dreams. I love sleeping because I love to dream!

The best I can suggest is purchasing a dream dictionary (one that has a good section on dream interpretion and what to take note of), and take a look at what the colours (or lack of), numbers, animals, surroundings etc mean. Only you could possibly know what it is your subconscious is trying to tell you and how it relates to your own personal circumstances. (But I also think you have a great flair for writing!)

No you are not stupid at all I have the same problem but I have learned that many of our dreams are what we are going through and some are visions of what God has planned for us. This is what I believe so any arguments to this would be pointless because you can not argue what one feels in their hearts but as for you question many of the prophets had dreams!

ok,I am a Christian,and i intepret my dreams. I also don't tell ppl about what I have intepreted. I also can see into the future. It scares me,and i don't believe it is like witchcraft at all. I believe that Father gave you dreams for a reason,and he wants you to intepret them. I have two books on dream interpretation and I use them daily.

Source(s): 10,ooo dreams intepreted,and The dreamer's dictionary, ( out of print)

Well, seeing how Joseph (the son of Jacob) in the old testament interpreted the Pharaoh's dreams to predict the 7 years of surplus and then 7 years of famine, I don't see a problem with it. Also, remember God came to Joseph in a dream and told him to escape to Egypt with the Christ child.

Isn't that what Joseph and Daniel did, interpret dreams? I sure wouldn't want to be calling them witches, I'm pretty sure God was pretty fond of them both, and if I'm not mistaken, interpreting dreams was a gift from Him directly to them.

So no, dream interpretation isn't witchcraft. God sometimes communicates to us in dreams.

dont ask just anybody to interpret your dreams. if a dream is troubling you and you think it might mean something, ask a person with experience with God. its not witchcraft, it was very common in Biblical times.

God does speak in dreams, but you have to line it up with the bible. God giving dreams and visions go way back to the biblical days, and they have not stopped. In these last days, people will getting more of them from God.