Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

2 questions about tampons?

ok so what is tss and is it spossed to feel wierd when it is in there.

ok i just started wearin them and

i know the symptonms but what is it?? and i know what it stands for but what is it actually???

i am 13, had my period for 2 years and i wore tampons during the summer following my first period. then i didnt all the rest of the year and did on and off last summer and the summer before. i hadnt started werin them till today because i was goin swimin.

I REFUSE TO USE MENSTRUL CUPS. EWWWWWW.

• Faith
    Favorite Answer

What is Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) and who is susceptible?

TSS is a rare disease believed to be caused by some forms of the bacterium called Staphylococcus aureus. This bacterium can be found normally in the vagina of some women. Without this bacterium, tampons alone have not been found to cause TSS. However, there are studies that have indicated tampons, in the presence of this bacterium, are associated with an increased risk of menstrual TSS.

By using tampons you increase your risk of getting menstrual TSS. It has been estimated that each year 1-17 of every 100,000 menstruating women and girls will get TSS. TSS occurs most often in menstruating females using tampons, in particular women under thirty years of age, and especially teenage girls. TSS also occurs, however, among men, children, and non-menstruating women.

If a tampon is inserted properly, a woman should not feel it inside her body. If any discomfort is experienced, it may be due to improper insertion or the tampon may not be deep enough in the vagina. If discomfort occurs, simply remove the tampon and begin again with a new one.

Well everyone already explained about tss(Toxic Shock Syndrome), which is explained in every booklet you get that comes in the tampon boxes.

And it doesn't feel weird, but I find that it feels uncomfortable for awhile, especially when your putting them in. Before I lost my virginity it hurt badly for me and I had to use the smallest ones, there were times when I knew I was not in the best position and it hurt like crap and I could always feel it. But after the first few times it was alright. For me if I get it right then i'm fine. But after I lost my virginity it feels about the same but less pain for me.

Just find the right position and you'll be good.

• ?

TSS is a bacterial infection caused by improper use of tampons. Mostly using too absorbant of a tampon, or leaving it in for too long.

If it feels weird, I'd say to check the absorbancy, start off with the smallest one, and if it doesn't bleed through after a few hours, then you're fine. If it does, then change to the next higher absorbancy. Good luck, I know it totally changed my lifestyle when I got used to it....

TSS is Toxic Shock Syndrome, usually VERY rare. You would get a high temp, stomach aches, diarrhea, dizzyness...and can sometimes die of it. Very rare though, as long as you change your tampon every 4 hours or so. When you have your tampon inserted correctly you shouldn't feel anything. And if it is uncomfortable, you need to either take it out and insert another one or push it in further. Good Luck

toxic shock sydrome is can be caused by using a tampon. it ususlay starts out with a fever and goes on to more worse things. you can die form it but it is very rare. you can eliminate the risk of toxic shock syndrome by learnign more abotu it and ffollowing the directions on the tampon box and change it every 4 to 6 hours.

you also arent supposed to feel it.if you feel it it means it isnt in all the way. you arent supposed to feel anythign on the top 2/3 of your vagina anyways. (and to the guys: this is why size doesnt matter) lol

so if you do feel it you can try pushing it up further or take it out and try again with a new one.

im not sure what exactly it is but it may have something to do with your body trying to get it out.. i have no clue really though

and no you are not supposed to feel it if you are a virgin.. i was a virgin. i think everyone is when they use tampons. but you are not supposed to feel them.

Source(s): health class.

I don't know what Tss stands for but a tampon shouldn't feel weird. You maybe placing it in the wrong place. I suggest you wait until your off your period and try placing it in the right position. Once you have an idea of how to use it properly, proceed in doing so. Hope this helps.

TSS is Toxic Sydrome shock inside your tampon box is a little booklet it tells you how and the best ways to insert a tampon and about tss if it feels weird you have it in wrong

2 things to consider - most commercial tampon brands have all sorts of nasty chemicals inthem so you have to worry about tss and cancer...there are natural organic tampons that are much healthier...

the other problem with tampons is that it removes all the moisture from your vagina and this is not healthy...a healthy alternative is a menstrual cup...you insert it the way you would a tampon without an applicator - it does not remove moisture it only catches the menstrual flow....much healthier...

there are 2 brands that I know of: the keeper and the diva cup...

please see wikipedia for other health concerns

This is a completely normal question. TSS is were your blood is being poisoned by the old bad blood. As for it feeling weird I have the same thing if i wear one and they tell me its not far enough up there. But it may just be uncomfortable for you. That's why I don't wear them.

Toxic Shock Sydrome, it is when you have somthing wrong withe the tampon in your. when you put a tampon in it should not hurt or feel bad, if it does take it out and put another tampon in(not the same one) and read the instruction on the paper in the box on how to put a tampon in or get the symptoms of having t.s.s.[here is a website that might help-http://www.gurl.com/findout/fastfacts/pages/0,,639...