Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

hello asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

does it cost money to download ipod songs?

i really need 2 no if it cost money 2 downlaod songs from this web site ( www.apple.com/.... som thin lik that) cuz some songs said 99 cent 2 down load n som of them said nothin

so plzzzz answer !

^-^

Favorite Answer

The songs do cost 99 cents to download, but there are free downloads of the week that are free.

You can also use Limewire if you want your music to be free, and illegal.

Those that say 99 cent will cost you that $$, most of the songs are free and they are there for the taking. If you give them your credit card number, you can download the ones that cost, if you don't and you only download the free ones you have nothing to worry about as far as charges go. Good luck and have fun! Kelly

Yeah it's 99 cents

If you have all of your favorite songs on CDs then you can download from them onto the computer and then to your iPod...

If you would rather pay more for your songs, you can go online to Apple and pay $0.99 PER SONG to download.. and those songs can only be played on your iPod...

I prefer to buy a whole CD for my songs.. first I can listen to them on my stereo when I'm home.. and second I can put them onto my MP3 player or an iPod and listen to them on the go without losing anything when I rebuild my computer's Hard Disk.

Yes, when you download music from the iTunes Music Store it costs 99¢ per song.

Or you can always put your own CDs and MP3s on it for free...

Yes, to download them legally in the iTunes Music Store. You can also rip the songs off CDs. DO NOT GET THEM ILLEGALLY!

its one of the legal ways.

other ways are napster or rhapsody, they are pay-per-month.

there is also another web service that I know about, it is a russian site and it is about 5 cents per song. as for legality, its gray area.

limewire.com is a free site, but its legality is questionable as well.

Source(s): www.napster.com www.rhapsody.com www.allofmp3.com www.limewire.com

yup 99 cents and 9.99 for a cd

yea..like everyone else said its $0.99 but you can download songs for free using one of these programs:

Limewire: http://www.limewire.com/

Bearshare: http://www.bearshare.com/

Morpheus: http://www.morpheus.com/

Source(s): I used all of these programs, and i recommend them to anyone who asks.

of course it does