Should i hate my mom because she put a restraining order on him for 2 wk and we and i cant speak to him at all

on my father. i cry over him everynight thinking and locking myself in my room crying myself to sleep?????

Favorite Answer

jmiller....if the courts need a good reason to issue a R.O...tell me why they placed one on David Letterman because he was sending signals to a woman in New Mexico on this TV show?

The fact is that most R.O. are bogus and there is no good reason to have them. In reality, they often backfire and do more harm then good but many women do get them when they are thinking of a divorce because it will show how "abusive" he is and they will most likely get everything they have asked for.

The most common reason fathers do not have contact with their children is because mommy will not LET him.

hop_lexi, there is a chance that things were happening that you did not know about so I really do not want to second guess why your mother got this R.O. on your dad but ask her. It would seem unlikely to me that they would have been having enough problems to warrant this without your having some knowledge of it.

Source(s): Without Restraint: The Use and Abuse of Domestic Restraining Orders http://www.mediaradar.org/docs/VAWA-Restraining-Or... VAWA: Threat to Families, Children, Men, and Women http://www.mediaradar.org/docs/VAWA-Threat-to-Fami... http://www.mediaradar.org/ http://www.shatterdmen.com/first_step.htm http://www.shatterdmen.com/

Don't hate your mom. I'm sure she had a very good reason for putting a restraining order on you dad. Chances are your not the only one crying at night.

• Maggie

You can't put a restraining order on someone for just 2 weeks so stop your crying. He probably doesn't want to speak to you so your Mom told you that to save your feelings about your Dad not wanting to speak to you.

You need to talk to your Mom--Just because she is having a problem (and not knowing the problem) doesn't mean you should be expected to be cut off from your Father --Can you talk to a Grandparent?? And tell them how you feel? Or go to their home and maybe call your Dad?? I am sure the restraining order is for your home only--

Talk to her. I am not to sure how old you are but I am sure that there is a reason she hasn't told you why. Parents some times think its best to keep the kids out of there problems (this could be a good thing ).. Try not to be mad at her..I am sure she is hurting...take this opportunity to get to no her a little more as a women and not just a mother.. Kids sometimes are the very thing that help us parents keep it together when the world around us seems to be falling apart..

• Abby

I do not know how old you are but if you are thirteen in the state of Illinois (USA) regardless of who has custody; a kid can choose whom he wants to live with. It seems that your parents are going thru divorce or just divorced. All this crazy things will be over, be patient. Sometimes adults are very stupid and hurt whom they love the most (their kids) by using the kids to hurt each other. It is hard to be a grown up as it is to be a kid in the middle of this craziness. Hang in there, everything shall pass away.

• Erika

Farrah did not positioned it on her. The courtroom did. she will't be around Sophia except there is yet another grownup to boot Farrah there. She PUNCHED her interior the face. If it is not a sturdy sufficient reason, then i don't comprehend what's. She of course has issues if she punches her own daughter interior the face.

Your mom had a reason to put a restraining order on your dad. Talk with her about it.

Should you hate your mom???? The courts demand a good reason before granting a restraining order, unless of course, she lied. It's him you should be mad at.

Sorry, this is probably not what you wanted to hear.

Well that depends upon why she did it. Is he abusive? Is your mother scared for her safety and yours? If he's not abusive is he some criminal that she's afraid will teach you bad habits? What are the reasons behind the restraining order?