xyz
xyz asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I have brown hair and would like to color it or highlight it.?

Is there certain colors that look better with brown hair than others? I have never had my hair colored at a salon but my hair has gotten so long I feel it needs something to make it not so boring. Any suggestions would be great.

Favorite Answer

Go for only 2-3 shades lighter than your original color to make it look natural.

If you have brown hair (dark) most of the time caramel highlights are really pretty.

Go to your salon and they can match you with the perfect color to make you feel great about your self.

red or brownish-red streaks - or if your skin's not too tan, dye your hair (all of it) a mahogany color (dark red-brown)

highlights that are only one or 2 shades lighter than your natural color would look nice too.. or a nice shade of gold. (not too yellow)

just don't go with bright blonde highlights - every time i've seen blonde highlights on someone with brown hair, it just looks bad; at least, that's what I think.

also, a bit of a wilder choice that would still look cool - ask a colorist to give you light blue streaks... I think this would be done by first lightening the streaks and then adding the blue.

Tips on Hair coloring / Hair Dyeing tips

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com

hair highlighting/

http://geebal.blogspot.com

Caramel or honey highlights look great on brown hair.

I had red highlights that looked good or blonde but blonde is to common and boring or pink also looks good in brown hair. :)

Try to get colours a few shades off your colour of hair, it'll blend together really nicely.

Happy New Year! ♥

• you should not make it blonde. you should get light golden highlights, and reddish brown highlights it look awesome on long bron hair! you should e-mail me . check out my yahoo!360

try a darker or lighter brown. Or get a blonde or a carmeal color.

Blond highlights are the best then theres also chestnut, honey, and carmel

Source(s): i have super dark brown hair and blond highlights and i have had so many compliments on it