did dragons exist?

did dragons really exist??

Favorite Answer

Yes they did...I saw a documentary on it I believe on the discoverychannel. They actually did blow fire as well and fly.

Fossil records suggest that Cretaceous dragons were the largest flying animals that ever lived. The prehistoric dragon descended from a group of aquatic or semi-aquatic dragons that occupied coastal swamps some 200 million years ago in the late Triassic period, which gave rise to both marine and terrestrial species.

Dragon-enthusiasts speculate that at some stage dragons harnessed active gut bacteria to produce hydrogen which, when ignited by a catalyst, allowed the dragon to breathe fire. The fire-breathing prehistoric dragon had arrived.

• There is no fossil record of any creature on earth that size that fits the legendary profile of "dragon" other than the dinosaurs. The Discovery Channel "Special" was a "Fantasy made real" presented as though it were real, the same way Orson Welles presented "War of the Worlds" as if it were real. Komodo "dragons" are not dragons. They are a member of the lizard family, and are no more dragons than an alligator is.

Now, having said that, there is allegorical "evidence" for dragons such as in the Bible, and various myths and legends around the world. If the stories about the Nephilim (cast out angels/demons and their offspring) are true, then they are the basis for most of the world's mythologies - think back to Norse myths about Loki being the father of the Midgard Serpent. However, the Nephilim and their offspring disappeared after the Flood, and were probably physically purged from the Earth by God. The only exception are the Giants of Canaan, who somehow survived the Flood, but were wiped out by the Hebrews - sans Goliath, who may have been the last Giant. This is why we have no fossil or archaeological record of such monsters. I personally agree the most with the theory that ancient man did uncover dinosaur bones and used them to justify stories of dragons, just as the tusk of the narwhale could have been used to justify unicorns.

Pterodactyls and other dinosaurs showed similarities to what modern versions of mythological dragons look like.

It is possible but not probable, not in the way that they are represented now. But then again, there is an insect that shoots fire out of it's *** so who knows?

(I saw Eragon too... it was awesome wasn't it?)

They still worship them in China... Maybe they know something we don't? They erect entire glass wall buildings to allow the dragon spirit to fly through the lobby and bring them luck and fortune so?

No ancient people stumbled upon dinosaur bones and thought it was some large reptile....they mistook dinosaurs as dragons that is why many different ancient cultures have stories of dragons

The Bible talks about leviathan that breath fire in Job 41. Whether its a dragon, sea creature, or Satan himself is debatable.

No.Something similar to dragons existed.Pterodactyls existed.

The didst,but somewhat either shyaway or just being to uncomfortables to live by without halucinogen (?).

I think so because my butt was dragon last night.

Yes I used to fly on one in my youth.

No, sorry. They are mythological creatures.