My fingernails keep peeling off in layers?!?

I know this cannot be anything good. How can I stop this and prevent it in the future??

Favorite Answer

Brittle nails, vitamin deficiency or nail fungus infection. Here is a great link about your condiotion and what you can do: http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/may98/8924305...

You may need to see a doctor. Good luck!

Same thing happens to me. There's almost always a reason for that, so pay attention to what you spend a lot of time doing that would be bad for them. Cleaning supplies and other chemicals are especially bad on the nails. But outside of being more careful, find a good clear coat and add a couple layers to seal it. It might not stop the peel entirely, but you'll have more time before it's noticeable.

Definitely need more calcium. You know those little white spots of calcium deposits on your nail beds? If you have those too, you need more calcium. More milk, more vitamins...walah! Oh, and lay off the nail polish. :)

Those are bananas, stop smoking :). If your serious though you should be asking a doctor instead of Yahoo Answers.

Your lacking vitamin E...go supplement in your diet.

You probably aren't getting enough calcium in your diet. You should probably get some supplements.

get gelatin tablets in the vitamin section of your drugstore.

you could be allergic to nail polish or not geting proper vitamins in your system

Source(s): i am a nail tech

i wish i knew because mine do the same thing