What is a Huguenot? Or a Jacobite?

I am reading a book set in Kent,England,in the year 1684. And in it,is a couple of religions,called Jacobite,and Huguenot. Is Huguenot something like Amish? Or Quaker? All I know is that it was a strict one,not Catholic,or Baptist. I have never heard of them,so I'm asking. Forgive my ignorance,ok,for those who are in the know.

Favorite Answer

In the 16th and 17th centuries, the name of Huguenots came to apply to members of the Protestant Reformed Church of France, historically known as the French Calvinists.

Jacobitism was (and, to a very limited extent, remains) the political movement dedicated to the restoration of the Stuart kings to the thrones of England and Scotland. The movement took its name from the Latin form Jacobus of the name of King James II and VII.

Just Wiki it if you want to know more.

Source(s): Wikipedia

A Huguenot was a French Protestant.

Jacobites were supporters of the movement to restore the Stuarts to the Crowns of England and Scotland. For the most part, they were Catholic.

Chennai South Indian City