Bob asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

how do i deal with missing the past?

i know that i shouldn't be saying this, for i am only 14. i really miss the past a lot, and don't know how to deal with it. i am now a freshman in high school, and ever since i left middle school, i just realized that those were the best years of my entire life. every single day, i can't help but just stare straight into the sky and think about all those great times. i am a Christian, so i even do ridiculous things sometimes like pray for a dream of the past or let me go back in time to those great memories. i know, it just sounds so stupid, but i'm very very depressed about this. all my other friends have been so glad to move on. i'm the only one that still misses it. i feel like everyday i am living in hell, just wanting those great times back. i know that the right thing to do is to just move on, but it's not that easy for me. i just don't know what to do. i feel like everyday i'm slowly breaking down inside. what should i do?

Favorite Answer

Ah the mind of an adolecent.

You have much worse waiting for you in the future as an adult.

Sorry, no help for you, you will end up on anti depressents for sure

If you will live in the past how could you possibly enjoy your present? I know your life has changed but throughout our lives changes occur. There is no such thing as the "best years of my life". Your entire life can be wonderful - it just depends on how much effort you put into it. You have a new high school that you are in start finding things that you like to do and then do them. Make new friends; join some activities. You'll soon see that life isn't over and you'll be happy again.

• moe

i know when your a freshman you feel like your the low man on the totem pole when in middle school you were the high man but things will look up for you again and soon if you will let them you will be getting involved with things and people and the newnwss of the school and the people will wear off usually that happens before now but there is no givin time frame because people are different and move at different paces and remember the lord want you to go forward no one stays right were they are for the rest of thier lifes there are going to be many changes in your life and you need to take them as they come and if you dont like them and you can you can change some of them to something you can live with. what i mean is this after high school there is going to be college and after college there is going to be jobs and moving up the ladder and there is going to be a hgusband and children and life is always changing your ok honey its just taking you a little longer than some of your friends try to look forward to the future and not dread it it can be a very exciting and adventurious place.

• s. m.

Sounds like wishing for past things are making you anxious. Do you remember what Jesus said about being anxious? "His eye is upon the sparrow" and if He cares that much about birds think of how much He cares about you!! What are you doing to get involved in the new school you attend? Can you participate in some of the same activities you enjoyed on middle school? You must have been great in middle school at activities, friendships, etc. to miss it that much. I know that if you continue in this school with some of the same things that you will see that being 14 is more fun than you think. God has given you the gift of a new day every day (that's why it's called the "present") so make the most of it. You are so special and God has wonderful things in store for you at 14 and many years ahead. Perhaps you should talk to someone at chuch in counseling who could help you more.

It is hard to move onto to a different stage in life, especially if you lose some of the friendships and good times you used to have. My question is what is going on in your high school that is causing you so much anxiety and grief. It sounds like something is happening. Is it that you don't feel as accepted as you once were, or are you being bullied? I hear real pain in your words and that concerns me.

Have you gone to your guidance counselor? Some schools have peer support groups to help, have you checked into this. What about talking to your parents or going to see a counselor, priest or minister?

There are many great pains as you move more into your teenage years. Please remember that your body is changing constantly, and this impacts on your emotions. You have snowball dances, football games, dates, proms, plays and many great events to look forward to. Each event will bring new people into your life and you never know which one will turn out to bring back the joy and happiness into your life.

As a teenager it is hard to see this as a temporary problem, but in a few years you will be more focused on getting a job to get a car, finding a mate for life, going to college or the military, and eventually making your own decisions. I would seriously suggest talking to someone and working on the closure of closing the door to the good things in the past and move onto the good things in the future.

The ACTUAL best times of your life ends when you grow up, get married, and move out. Then you go thru a LONG time of dealing with problems, money, family, children, etc.

But then you get older and the BEST TIMES COME BACK. For me, around 40. I am now 54 and I am having the best times of my life.

Not better than when I was a kid. THOSE where the VERY BEST, but it is really good now, too.

To get thru TODAY and TOMORROW, take up exercise. Such as aerobics and stretching. You will fell better about everything.

Source(s): Strength builder for 20 years.

Don't be sad! Good things are coming! You have formal dances and dates ahead of you. Not to mention driver's ed, prom, and sports/band/art (whatever you're into!) Good things are coming I promise! Try to make the most of the present to help you feel better about the past :-)

u miss the old days so much u dont even try to live in todays moment....u need to clear ur mind of the past and try to have fun right now ...u can have the same fun as the other years

there's a grieving technique in contact in starting to be up, you're in it now. the greater youthful you is remembering all the good situations and how lots you enjoyed the liberty and abandon of adolescents. savor it and make it final as long as you could, reason as quickly as you're grown this is it. This next degree in starting to be up could have an analogous style of astonishing thoughts, you in basic terms have not gotten there yet. do no longer cover your thoughts, in the adventure that your pals do no longer choose for to hearken to it locate new friends. to boot, they are in all possibility going during an analogous factor you're, yet do no longer choose for to admit it reason they are too busy attempting to act grown.

Those were not the best days of your life... College will be the best days of your life... remember god helps those who help themselves...