Do i have to use a firewire cable to transfer video?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes you have to use a firewire cable to transfer video to the computer. :D good luck

  • 1 decade ago

    Most software and hardware does require Firewire cables.

    I know Adobe and Canon camcorders required me to get a firewire cable for my computer. The usb cable that comes with the camera did not work

  • 1 decade ago

    You don't HAVE to per se, but you really should.

    There are adapters that can convert the AV Jacks to USB, but I wouldn't recommend that. The Firewire would be cheaper and you would get a better quality video.

  • you can usually also do an analog transfer with the proper capture card, a use DV 500 will work, but firewire cards are cheap.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.