boston terriers?

I want to get my kids a boston terrier, Is this a good idea? How can I find breeders in my area I live in lorain ohio?

Favorite Answer

try www.akc.org

This is where I just found the following: Ask these breeders how to find one in Ohio. Good luck

Boston Terrier

Boston Terrier Club of America

Linda Trader, (724)883-4732, Pennsylvania, btcaresc@greenepa.net

Boston Terrier Club of Maryland

Mary Hovey, (703) 878-7464, Virginia

Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue

Serving IL, IN, MI and OH

Boston Terriers are fun little dogs. To start researching the breed, go to the Boston Terrier Club of America's webpage. They will have information on the breed, may have recommendations of books, and will also have a breeder referral list. Then call some breeders and ask them questions (also expect to be asked lots of questions). See if you can go visit someone to meet the breed and find out if this is a good breed for you- you can do this without the kids, as long as you explain why to the breeder. They will want to meet the children before selling you a dog, but should be more than happy to spend the time with you to teach you about the breed.

Source(s): Veterinary Technician, dog breeder/exhibitor 21 years
  • CctbOh

Boston terriers are great dogs for kids. Our family always had one around when I was growing up and now I continue to have one in my home as an adult. They are very gentle dogs who will give you nothing but love back. I live in the Akron area and I looked in the classified ads to find mine. The one I have now came from a breeder down south in Amish country. I have always had good luck doing it that way. Just do some research on the breeder after you find one. Ask for references. Good Luck!!

• jipp

Boston Terriers are so much fun. I have wanted one for years and just got one 4 months ago. She is an awesome dog. Super friendly, funny, I wouldn't trade her for the world. Potty training was a little trying at times but it is all under control now. They are a small sturdy dog. So she should be ok with children. How old are the children though? Just supervise to make sure they don't poke it's buggy eyes. I definately recommend this breed. Good luck.

YESSSS!!!!! A Boston Terrier is a very good dog and great with kids. In my opinun a boston terrier is the best type of dog out there i totally recomend one. and if you are looking for a breeder try to find one in a website called craigslist.com When you to the website look on the far right of your screen. Look for your state then click on your city.if you cant find your city then look for a city close to yours. After that it will give you a list of a lot of things. go to pets and look for a boston terrier. Or to make it easy go to Petfinder.com and look for one.

Source(s): craigslist.com petfinder.com

Just make sure that they aren't brother and sister if you buy from a backyard breeder. Other fine breeds related to Bostons are Bull Terriers and French Bulldogs.

BOSTON TERRIERS ARE GOOD DOGS . I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM AND THEY HAVE SMALL CHILDREN ALSO. BOSTON TERRIERS SEEM TO BE JUST FINE WITH THEIR KIDS. BOSTON TERRIERS ARE VERY PLATFUL AND LOVE TO JUMP VERY HIGH. GOOD LUCK FINDING THEM AND BE CAREFUL ON WHO YOU GET IT FROM.

Source(s): FRIEND HAVE A BOSTON TERRIER

Boston Terriers are good but not really for kids,we had 1 once and we had to put it to sleep because it bit our 6 year old.SO maybe a beter dog would be as i can see you dont want a big dog.....so maybe a cocker spaniel.They are small,cute smart dogs,they are very well with children...we have 1 for sale....maybe you could email me at natasha_cocker@yahoo.com and ill send you pics of him we live very close by Ohio,so maybe we could work something out email me ill tell you the info and pics!

Ps-He is registered.