Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Berneise Mountain Dog?

Is anyone here a breeder located near northern California? I am also interested in Newfoundlands, Mastiffs, and Old English Sheep dogs. If anyone has experience with any of these, let me know! We have a toddler and I'm looking for a pup!

Favorite Answer

Don't know any breeders at all, but a Berneise Mountain dog would be very good with a toddler. Be careful when visitors come tho, they are very protective. (In some areas this is just what a person needs.) The same goes for Newfies and Mastiffs but I never met an Old English sheepdog.

The Bernese Mountain Dog is a wonderful dog for children. They are good natured and very protective of the children. I don't know anything about Newfoundlands, but Mastiffs and Old English Sheepdogs can be tempermental. Don' t think they are a good match with small children. There are places online that you can check out the best matches of dogs and children

My daughter has two BMD's and they have been wonderful. Try Googling "Bernese Mountain Dogs". Whatever dog you choose, please see the parents of the dog and the breeder.

Good Luck.

I own a english mastiff mix. Mastiff are good with kids, but with there size they can knock small kids over by accident. I know people who have kids and they say they are best dogs. i all i can say is do tons of research and find a good beeder or rescue.

I would try www.breedersclub.net www.puppyfind.com or www.puppydogweb.com You can also try your local newspapers. I have a male Bernese Mountain Dog and he is a pretty good dog. Be ready to do lots of grooming though.

Google "bernese mt. dog" and you'll get over 770,000 different sites.

There was a bernese dog show in our town this summer and I absolutely fell in love with these dogs! They're huge, but they are so gentle and loving! I hope you're able to get one. The puppies are adorable!