Do any people have dark brown hair in Scandinavia?

Everyone I know from Sweden/Denmark has either blond or light brown hair. I also know that Scandinavians have a reputation for having very light complections. But, are there any dark haired people in the area? Very little?

• AskAsk
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of dark haired (and dark skinned) people in Sweden, and in the rest of Scandinavia too, I'm sure. There is probably a higher percentage of blonde and light-skinned people in Scandinavia than in most other countries, but that doesn't mean that dark-haired or brown-haired people are rare. Especially not nowadays, when many Swedes come from other parts of the world, or have parents or grandparents that immigrated to Sweden.

Source(s): I'm Swedish
  • Maria

Yes, there are many darkhaired people in the Scandinavian countries - but proportionately fewer than in most places. Even the darkhaired people here often tend to have fair skin and blue/green/gray eyes though. Nowadays, with people immigrating here from all over the world, the picture is naturally changing. But I'm assuming you meant native Scandinavians :-)

I've seen Scandinavians with dark brown hair, especially in the Norwegian national soccer team.

Eeh, yeah! Of course. A lot of the people here has got dark brown hair. For instance my best friend. She has got dark brown hair!