How long does it usually take to download music to an ipod?

We have dial-up (aol), 56kbps. Thinking of getting an ipod but I'm curious as to about how long (on average) it takes to download music with a dial-up connection.

Favorite Answer

I had a dial-up connection, too. Depending on how long the song is, each song takes about 5-10 minutes each, depending on your computer. It's worth it, though. I was really against iPods until I got one.

Hope that helps, happy new year! :)

Source(s): Personal experience

Well this is how it goes.... Downloading music from the Internet to your computer is going to take anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes but transferring those songs from the computer to your ipod takes mere seconds.

it depends on the size of the song and the format the song is in usauly about 5 or more minutes for a 3 minute song

Source(s): I use to have dail-up and i experienced it

it takes like 2- 4 min to do a cd. but i dont have dial up.so it sux 4 u! sorry =(

If your music is on Itunes, then it takes around 8 minutes to fill around 3.5 gigabytes.

depends how many of songs you have.. it may take 2 to 3 minutes or less...

Source(s): :D
  • it mostly depends on the speed of your compy.....for me...like...5 seconds.....I've got the high speed internet....so i can't say i know how long it'd take for you.....but once you get the songs on there....won't it be worth it anyways?

You may want to think about getting high speed.

DEPENDS ON HOW MANY SONGS.....SOMETIME A COUPLE SECONDS AND SOMETIMES A FEW MINUTES....