?
? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Opinions on Alabama's $40MM offer to Saban?

I graduated from Bama. I love the school and root for them, but the difficulty in finding a coach is an embarrassment, IMO. Do you think Saban will accept the offer?

I'd like to know what other people think. SEC folks and most importantly, people outside of the SEC.

Favorite Answer

im an sec fan. the sec is the toughest football conference in the country no doubt and nick saban has sucess recruiting in the sec. he won a national champioship at lsu and knows how to win. he says hes not interested but i think he is and $40mm is hard to refuse. saban isnt having much success in the nfl so i hope he goes to alabama to make the sec more competitive.

Saban's NFL record as a coach is under .500, meaning if he doesn't cut it next year he'll probably be axed!! If I was Nick I would take the Bama job, because he'll be back in the SEC, the $ they are offering him is more than the NFL and also recruiting is a bit easier than signing free agents on a salary cap. He also seems to have a good base with recruits already and that certainly helps his cause. Also if he turns the Tide's program around in a few years, the Bear Bryant stigma that seems to carry on to most of the previous coaches, except Gene Stallings, might just be diminished. If you check on Rivals.com Alabama is in the running for a few 5 star & 4 star blue-chippers. Saban needs to make his decision to sway those athletes into going to Alabama, which would possibly happen. Personally I'm a Longhorns fan, but Nick Saban would fit into the Alabama profile just fine, Good Luck!!

I say that Saban should be true to his word and stick it out in the NFL. If he cannot cut it, then he will be fired, but Saban took over an organization that has been in trouble for sometime. These problems have been around since the Shula regime.

If Saban is miserable and thinks that he cannot do any good in Miami then he should go. My biggest point is that he should not do it for the money. That will show that he has no integrity and the next deal that comes around he will jump on.

Rome wasn't built overnight. Neither was LSU and Miami won't be either. The Dolphins will succeed if given enough time. I am an LSU fan and I really appreciate what he did for the team but I think he can turn the Miami program around. I root for the Saints but I still have a desire to see ol' Nick do well in the NFL.

He says he's not but......now that the Fins season is done we'll find out how good he is for his word. I kinda hope he sticks around, we're not a bad team, just need a decent quarterback.

But 40 MILLION DOLLARS! WOW

Don't know what he's making in Miami, but I'm sure Wayne will be talking to him soon.

I hope 'Bama gets a good coach, whoever it is. There's nothing like SEC football!

If I was Saban, I would take it.

He doesn't seem to be much of an NFL coach.

Like Spurrier before him, he is proving that being successful in college means beans in the NFL.

• stan l

I think he should take the money and run.