What are some fancy drinks to order at a bar?

Favorite Answer

Well, a lot of the suggested fancy drinks are really "chick" drinks. My suggestion for a sophisticated "guy" (or at least gender-neutral) fancy drink is a Manhattan.

The drink is a mix of whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters stirred over cracked ice and strained into a martini glass and garnished with a cherry.

Most bartenders shake the drink, but it's really supposed to be stirred--and I prefer it stirred because shaking it makes it a bit watery. A rule-of-thumb is that cocktails consisting of pure alcohol (e.g., Manahattans, Martinis, etc) should be stirred and cocktails using mixers (e.g., Mojitos, Margaritas, etc.) should be shaken. Originally Jame Bond's line was supposed to show how unconventional he is, but it has been emulated so much that it has come to be the convention.

I like it with a orange peel in addtion to the cherry, but that is a garnish that is often omitted. When ordering the bartender will probably ask if you want it with bourbon, rye, or Canadian whiskey (which is really a rye). All are good, but my preference is rye.

Also, you'll may want to make sure the bartender uses bitters. The drink is supposed to have them to balance the sweetness of the vermouth, but they're often left off.

Something that sounds complicated but in actuality is really simple like:

A Stoli Martini, on the rocks, shaken, with a twist.

Order it exactly like that. It'll sound fancy just ordering it that way. lol. In the end its just Vodka with a little lemon twist on the side of the glass.

Long Island Tea don't let the taste fool you 1 should do 2 if your a heavy drinker 3 may cause crazy things to happen.

• carole

Fancy? I usually ask the bartender for something fun and fruity. I have also enjoyed a vodka collins, Amaretto DiSaronna on the rocks and fruity margharitas of many flavors (mango, peach, rasperry - my top 3 favorites).

Peace!

Cosmos, Martinis, Voodoo Priestess Martinis are the best!

• Laura

Bellini

cosmopolitan

fancy margaritas (flavors like pomegranite, mango, grapefruit)

tequilla sunrise

mimosa

kir royale

fancy martinis (flavors like chocolate, raspberry, espresso, blueberry, passion fruit)

I like White Russians and Mai Tai's.

Source(s): Used to be a bartender.

Mango Mojito, Oatmeal Cookie, Orgasm

A glass of Chardonnay or Pinot Noir.

tell them you want a suicide. Its the best you will love it. Go down really smooth. It has a little of everything.