promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Can someone drink too much water? Is peeing bad?

I am trying to stay hydrated. like a gallon a day ... i am peeing alot. will my body get used to it soon and not pee as frequently and is too much water bad? i hear people drown in their bodies.. seems weird to me

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes you can! During and after the first gulf war out in Saudi, they preached drink water. Well, some over did it, though few and have brain swelling and died. It is rare but with a high sodium diet and drinking well over 2 gallons of water AND being the one sitting in an air conditioned tent at 76 degrees, it could have fatal circumstances. There have been a few isolated reports of this happening. If you're in a hot environment it is still best to consume plenty of potable water. :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Drinking water and peeing it out is so good for your body because peeing is the way you get most of the toxins in your body out; you are flushing yourself clean. A gallon a day is very reasonable. They used to say 8 glasses a day but I forget how big a glass! Go for it. You are doing your body a great favor!

Natasha

• 1 decade ago

Yes water can be bad for you IF you drink too much. There was these guys that had a water drinkin contest and one guy drank 7 gallons of water. He passed out and no one did anything. He died later on that night. he had too much water in his system it flushed everything out. One gallon is good. you should drink at least 2 pints a day minimum and two gallons maxed unless you are working out really hard.

• 1 decade ago

I guess you can drink too much. You're body only requires a certain amount of fluids a day. Whatever volume of fluids your body takes in, your body does take out when you pee.

If you're training or something, of course you have to drink more fluids because you're body is using the fluids up (eg. sweating). If you're doing nothing, you shouldn't be drinking lots. lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes you can drink too much water. You are just keep hydrated nothing wrong. Nothing is wrong with peeing a lot beause you are drinking lots of water. (duh!) No, peeing is not bad it is just letting the water you drink come down your body faster that normal.

• PikC
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

your body can get poisoned by just drinking too much water too! Only natural that you release what you put in. Maybe better to reduce your water intake now. You can be sure you won't become "dehydrated"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes you can .as there is water in everything you eat,sometimes as much as 90 %,your body can be over hydrated and this is not good for you.it also puts excess stress on your kidneys.so drink water when you are thirsty,not just for the sake of it.some intake is good though,especially for good skin etc.avoid carbonated drinks,they are really bad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes you can drink too much water as if your going to drink alot drink powerade or gatorade to restore the electrolytes.

• 1 decade ago

It depends on your situation. Here is an awesome article that can explain a lot to you about Water Intoxication... YES! Water Intoxication! She's a chemist so I'm sure she'd know better than anyone. Hope it helps!

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

Source(s): Article by Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D.
  • lyyman
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes, you can die of water poisoning. You lose electrolytes and pass out. It something prisoners do to commit suicide. I don't know how much but its several gallons. Yes, peeing is normal, and it's not bad unless it's in my pool.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.