promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My dvd/cd rom will not record anything anymore....Help!?

The dvd/cd rom is HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H30L. It reads and plays the dvds/cds fine but when you try to copy one or simply make a data dvd/cd then it starts writing and completely freezes and doesn't write anymore after about 1-5 percent done. Just started doing this two days ago. I've already system restored, system recovered, and destructive system recovered, yet still won't work. Help!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your drive is bad that happen to me about a month ago just replace it with a new one.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

sounds like it there is a dirty lens... also one other thing could be that the data you are trying to copy cant be copied. i had a few bad docs that would not copy. read the messges that are prompted when it freezes and go from there.

one last thing to look at, go into your drive utilities and make sure that the device is enabled.. good luck.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

nicely at the start it can not be the motive force. and equipment fix will basically artwork if its a utility concern and you recognize precisely while it handed off. it somewhat is a hardware concern besides inspite of the shown fact that. what you will desire to do is verify that homestead windows sees the gadgets interior the device supervisor. ideal click on my compouter and bypass to homes and left click . then bypass to the hardware tab and left click it and then left click device supervisor. it somewhat is going to pull up a itemizing of gadgets in case you spot your drives in there and that they have got a yellow ? then there is something incorrect with them. you may ideal click on the coolest device and bypass to homes and left clcik and it will provide youy a troubleshoot button which will walk you thru troubleshooting the device. if it has an ! then it recognizes the device yet homestead windows doesnt comprehend what to do with it wherein case there is an selection for udate motive force in that ideal click menu on the coolest device. i want to advise first and ultimate shutting down your laptop and going into the setup menu. this could take you to the BIOS reveal. would desire to navigate including your keyboard as mouse doesnt artwork. in BIOS there's a reveal which will record all IDE gadgets related on your Motherboard or SATA gadgets. in case you dont see the two device listed in BIOS then it somewhat is a HW concern and the two that port on your MB is blown or you have a bad or deseated IDE cable assuming the two drives are related on a similar cable. i want to advise in the event that they are not listed in BIOS to take it to somebody to enable them to restoration it in case you dont have alot of laptop journey as you may heavily injury the MB or different HW interior the case via attempting to return to a determination the difficulty your self. and the drivers for many all manufacturers of CD or dvd and RW drives are equipped into homestead windows at once. once you replace the motive force all you're truthfully doing many of the time is going to MS website and updating that area of homestead windows.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

call the company for a new re-placement.or if 1 or if some of friend are smart ask them 2 fix it

Source(s): common-sense
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the writing laser may have burnt out

just get a new drive for fifty dollars and save yourself the trouble

Source(s): For a free quote on cheap custom built computers, upgrades, and repairs within Victoria Australia contact geltek@mail.com (if your unsure of what you need, feel free to categorize your request eg: High end gaming, business/office environment or just standard home use.)
  • 1 decade ago

Add memory! If that won't work, try a new cd device

• 1 decade ago

If you don't use it to often to burn mabye it is dusty. you might be able to clean it with a cd cleaning disk and try to burn to it so it activates the lazer.

• 1 decade ago

u probably got a bad drive... or its going out on you might wanna ask a tech about that

Source(s): i feel bad for you
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.