How to install Linux on my laptop?

few days ago bought a laptop. Windows is preloaded but when I switched it on...I got and istallation message such as..[root@localhost root]#

What should I DO TO FINISH LOADING WINDOWS?

• csanon
    Favorite Answer

"How to install Linux on my laptop?"

Can you confirm this is your question? The rest of your question suggests otherwise.

"Windows is preloaded"

How do you know this? Was it bought from a major brand, second hand, or custom-built?

"[root@localhost root]#"

Looks like a shell prompt from either Linux, BSD, a GRUB shell, etc. But it isn't windows.

"What should I DO TO FINISH LOADING WINDOWS?"

You haven't even started loading windows. Did you get Windows XP discs along with the laptop? It so, use them to put windows on the computer.

If You Bought The Laptop Brand New...It Should Have A Copy Of Windows With It...If Not Then Go Buy Windows XP Profession Edition

as the guy said above, if you reboot it and it gives you no option to boot to windows or linux, then you only have linux on, try installing windows again from the CD. Windows xp will allow multiple boot options.

that seems like a linux prompt to me. looks like linux is also pre-installed in your system. just type "reboot". it'll reboot your system and it may give you a choice to select between windows and linux. if it doesnt give you the choice, that means only linux is installed and not windows.

try the above first and post more questions here.