Is saying something nice about a race in general still racist?

Like if you say "All black people run fast"... is that racist because you are lumping a whole race into one general idea? Websters difines racism as a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement... so differences in general are racism?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The end of the definition is... "usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others."

So, if it implies superiority, it is.

Why is everyone so sensitive about racism? People need to remove the stick from their nose.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God, how I hate these types of questions. If Webster (and I'll look it up) states: racism as a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races... Webster is WRONG!! Genetically, and anthropologically, there is no such thing as "RACE". We al ALL of us genetically identical. There are only minor differences within the species, Homo Sapiens, such as skin color, the epicanthic fold seen in the eyes of Asians... All insignificant minor differences. In order to have different races, other species of man such as Neanderthal Man or Cro Magnon would have to be still livng along side us.

To be sure, there ARE cultural differences, but you simply cannot "say something nice" about another race which would be relevant, because all other races except us, Homo Sapiens, are extinct.

I suppose you could say something like, "For a caveman you don't smell all that bad", but since all cavemen are extinct, it simply doesn't matter.

• 1 decade ago

i don't think it is because racism is when you think a race is superior to other races. i don't it'd be racist to say "asians are smart".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.