Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I have just bought a laptop with a slight fault, it only comes on when the laptop is upside down,?

when I turn it the right way up it goes off, I cannot switch it on at all when it is the right way up, I would really appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem could be, thanks.

Update:

I was informed that there was a fault with the power button which is why I got it so cheap

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would either visit the place where you bought it or if you live near a best buy..they have those geek squad guys that you can just go ask questions, probably even bring in your labtop as well..cb

• 1 decade ago

Could be a loose battery. Remove it and put it back in again, making sure it's snapped in tight. If it's not that, you probably need to visit the shop.

• 1 decade ago

Technically, I cannot tell you what the problem is, but if you just purchased it, then it is still under warranty. Return it and get a new one.

• 1 decade ago

probaly a short circut or loose wire you should call the retailer that sold it so you can get a replacement scence it was falty at purchase

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nomadd
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You must have gotten the Australian model.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.