Peace with ex boyfriend?

Is it normal to want to be on good terms with your exboyfriend, to be at peace with him? I mean, if you spent all that time together it doesn't make sense to just have a bad break up and never talk again, I think...I don't want him back because there is no future with him. But I still care about him because I am a good person and want to be at peace with him. Is this normal? Can I do this while also moving on at the same time?

We both still find each other attractive. This will never go away. He looks like a model and he says the same about me! So I'm thinking that this could be why he's been so very distant. It might be hard for him to be just friends with me. :(( But our break up was so cruel that it keeps me looking for closure...

I move on and see other people so it's not about that. It's about treating someone with respect and our ending was not a mature one. I'd rather be at peace. Happy New year to all! :)

Favorite Answer

it's really hard sometimes but it is possible...i have 2 different endings with this. one we're still friends and we talk and hang out and we're just fine with being firends, but there's a different guy that i went out with and we tried to be firneds and it didn't work out so well. so it really just depends...

Oh girl! I am going through the same thing. I don't wanna date my ex again cuz I know it wouldn't work out, but I still care about him, so I am at peace at him!

I think the civil way is the best, & healthiest way. Life is WAY too short to be mad and hold grudges!!!

Happy New Year!

Sure people do it every day... Obviously the relationship had its good points and you have things in common, so its totally cool to want to be friends with your ex. But wise up girl- exs and exs for a reason and dont ever forget Why things ended! being at peace and friendly with him is cool but being his best bud would be a horrible mistake!

I wouldn't bother. I'd move on anyway and realize not everyone or every situation is going to end on a happy note.

yes as long as he understands that its not a friends with benefits and that he knows you plan on moving on. Just make it perfectly clear that you only want friendship. Its very mature of you,

Whats so bad about wanting peace? If you just broke up, just give it some time. WHen you do try to talk to thtis person again, if they dont want to talk to you, then just be willing to let them go.

It usually takes a while for the "passion" to disappear so that you can be friends. Don't try to force it because the wrong message might be received....that you want him back.

• LIZA

Have peace. Is up to you if you want a friendship with him.

Nah, that ain't normal... The "stuff" you used to do and the emotions get in the way and you can't be friends...

stay away from him for a while to let things settle down