jesdur805 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how do you loose weight fast by exercising and eating right?

weel this gurl is 14 and also has diabetes and even though they have told her to exercise more and eat less and eat better food she doesnt listens she wants to stop eating all the bad stuff like hot cheetos and soda and junk food how could she do this if she gets tempted alot

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you eat. To be exact, you have to burn 3500 calories more than you eat to lose one pound. That means if you burn 2000 calories a day then you need to eat 1500 calories to lose one pound a week (500 calories burned a day times seven days is 3500) To figure out how many calories you burn a day see this site:

http://www.webmd.com/content/tools/1/calc_metaboli...

Of course, the opposite is true. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight.

As for temptation, a fourteen year old girl is not mature enough to understand that she is jeopardizing her health by eating junk food. The best thing would be to remove temptation. No junk food in the house and pack a healthy lunch for school. Obviously, she can still sneak junk food, but hopefully that will be cut down significantly plus after a month or so of eating healthfully, she may like how great she feels and want to stop eating junk anyhow.

• 4 years ago

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Eat nourishing food with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables being part of it. Chew each morsel at least 32 times. This will activate signal to the brain as soon as u have had enough. Besides this change in eating style, take regular light exercises and brisk walks every day. U will be able to shed all extra weight gracefully and in a reasonable time span.

• 1 decade ago

As a diabetic, one has to take responsibility for one's own health. It is difficult for diabetics to lose weight but the sooner she gets on purpose about it the better off she will be. Have her look up one of the diabetes websites and find out what will happen if she does not take care of herself. Diabetes is a cruel disease. She could go blind, there are problems with gangrine and they start hacking off your body parts, additionally diabetics are more prone to heart attack and stroke. If after she knows the facts she does not curb her own habits. Just prepare her family to begin saving for an early funeral.

Source(s): I am diabetic.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know what's she's going through. I have the same probelm and I have an insulin pump which makes it easy to enjoy sweets. If she has to drink a coke, mix half diet, half reg coke. It seems the sweets become more tempting when your not allowed to have them. One of the easiest things to do is to avoid them, but if she can't to have them in spare amounts. Cheetos won't hurt her like sugars will, but now dieticians claim you can have them, such as a coke is no different in starch/sugar amount than a potato. Make limits

• 4 years ago

the first problem you want to do is get a calorie chart so that you'll keep music of the foodstuff you eat. eat smaller parts, no seconds, no junk foodstuff, drink a lot of water reduce out comfortable beverages and severe calorie beverages. eat healthful low fat snacks. attempt to get a buddy to hitch you so that you've help and would encourage one yet another this helps a lot. i recognize you do not opt for to exercising regardless of the indisputable fact that that's on your ideal interest to finish that because you may weigh the right weight yet nonetheless be flabby with out muscle tone so it received't seem almost as solid as you may imagine. you may continuously do an pastime you savour so that you'll do it alongside with swimming, dancing, walking, a crew pastime etc. Get your buddy to attempt this with you too so that's going to likely be relaxing.

• 1 decade ago

Find foods to replace the junk. Popcorn or small amount sof nuts instead of chips, water or tea instead of soda, fruits instead of candy, veggies instead of mayonnaise, whole wheat bread instead of white bread, low or no fat dairy instead of regular milk, yogurt instead of ice cream...you get the point. Eat as healthy as possible and exercise daily.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

CHECK OUT THIS LINK BELOW...IT WILL SHOW YOU ALL THERE BEFORE & AFTER PICTURES TO PROVE THAT IT DOES WORK!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...

THIS LINK BELOW WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE MAIN WEBSITE TO PLACE AN ORDER ONLINE:)

http://www.slim-30.com/

1-888-475-4630 CALL TOLL FREE

LISTEN TO THEM ON KSFM 102.5

You will thank me later :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah temptation's hard to resist...i find cutting out ALL junk food really helps...and i do that by keeping busy...then you don't even think about eating

=)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.