is it normal that some men don't like to talk about their feelings?

Is it a bad thing? how do i deal with men who are like that?

• abby j
    Favorite Answer

Overall, yes.

Depending on the 'feeling,' most men feel if they show their feelings, or share them they might be seen as weak by their spouse/significant other. I had a much older lady friend (I was in my 40s & 50's, and she was in her late 70's-early 80's) whom I was very comfortable with and could talk to her about things I didn't feel comfortable talking to my wife about. I didn't have to put on this 'I'M STRONG' showing. I tend to get emotional about some things and I feel tears might be construed as weakness. My wife's family feels that way. It really all depends on a man's upbringing. Hugging is common among many of my friends, but some have never been hugged by their family, just for example.

I think it must be normal, c/ my hubby doesn't usually express his. It isn't necessarily bad, but it is a hindrance. I think a couple should express how they feel, so they can understand each other and grow together. Otherwise, you just stay the same and fall into a rut. That's when people contemplate 'straying' or all together leaving.

Source(s): Going through something similar w/ my hubby.
  • Abby C

Most men you'll come across are like this. They won't show their feelings because they feel its a sign of weakness. There really is no way to "deal" with it......you just have to tolerate it and be patient with him.

No man likes to talk about his feelings.