Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is it normal that some men don't like to talk about their feelings?

Is it a bad thing? how do i deal with men who are like that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • abby j
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Overall, yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depending on the 'feeling,' most men feel if they show their feelings, or share them they might be seen as weak by their spouse/significant other. I had a much older lady friend (I was in my 40s & 50's, and she was in her late 70's-early 80's) whom I was very comfortable with and could talk to her about things I didn't feel comfortable talking to my wife about. I didn't have to put on this 'I'M STRONG' showing. I tend to get emotional about some things and I feel tears might be construed as weakness. My wife's family feels that way. It really all depends on a man's upbringing. Hugging is common among many of my friends, but some have never been hugged by their family, just for example.

• 1 decade ago

I think it must be normal, c/ my hubby doesn't usually express his. It isn't necessarily bad, but it is a hindrance. I think a couple should express how they feel, so they can understand each other and grow together. Otherwise, you just stay the same and fall into a rut. That's when people contemplate 'straying' or all together leaving.

Source(s): Going through something similar w/ my hubby.
  • Abby C
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Most men you'll come across are like this. They won't show their feelings because they feel its a sign of weakness. There really is no way to "deal" with it......you just have to tolerate it and be patient with him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No man likes to talk about his feelings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.