Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

what are some of the causes of A.D.H.D IN children?

my daughter took AZT FOR 6 months when she was born and now she has ADHD? IsTHERE any connection did you experience it ?friend daughter what is your experience im a consered mom who wants to understand she dilema.what information can you give me that mite help a conserened mom thank you Cindy .

Favorite Answer

As far as I know, it's hereditary. It is with my daughter.

• ?

I didn't read any connection between AZT and ADHD, usually it causes symptoms similar to AIDS. So...is she actually diagnosed as ADHD, or do you just think she has symptoms like that?

Could it be parenting...often when a parent has to deal with the fear of HIV, it can cause them to allow more negative behaviors than usual.

You can get help from the dept of health if she's under three, or the schools if she's over three. In addition a private psychologist would be a good way to see if it's an actual disorder.

Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder? You can somehow have a deficit for attention? So should there be some kind of disease where you have too much attention?

As for one of the answers above, the companies who make the ADD and ADHD drugs don't even know how the drugs work... and neither do doctors and physicians. And now plenty of parents are using ADD and ADHD as an excuse for their own horrible job of parenting an unruly child. The only excuse that a child who has ADD or ADHD for doing badly in school is that they have the "disease". It's NEVER their own fault; it's always the disease for them. I'm not saying you have a bad child or that you're a bad parent, but please, don't abuse ADD or ADHD as a label.

• Apple

ADHD is inherited most of the time. I know 2 of my friends who had it and only 1 got in trouble once in a while. Most are hyper active, have problems paying attention. They need many reminders. Are you sure it's not something Elise? There are harder disorders out there my cousins have 1 or 2 audio processing disorder,PDD and sensory disorder. My daughter probably has 2 or 3 of those disorders. She will be getting her referral soon.. I'll know soon.

I don't believe in it either. Society existed for thousands of years without diagnosis of ADD and so forth, so I find it today to be just an excuse for poor behavior.

must be inherited, i was a very hyper kid, now so are my boys. they aren't going to be drugged up thou, i dont believe in that physician fad. just keep em busy and tire em out.... the old fashioned ways still work :)

Oh man! Cant sit still is one. lay off the white bread and start giving her wheat bread and sugar free stuff. Go to webMD.com to help u understand it more.

Source(s): my boys

I dont believe in ADD or ADHD or drugs to turn your kids into zombies.

Source(s): just my opinion, i know im gonna get crap for it thou

number 1 cause; LAZY PARENTS