Am I the only one not doing anything for New Year's Eve? Be honest.?

I worked all day and I'm exhausted. It's also about 20 degrees outside. My boyfriend's at work and we also aren't on the best of terms. I just don't feel like partying, and I feel like I'm some freak or something cause I'm "supposed to" cause it's New Year's Eve.

Is anyone else sitting this one out?

Favorite Answer

I am about to go to bed myself. I am tired and my husband and I are holding our marriage together by a very thin thread. Nothing for me to celebrate.

• Tones

Hey Dear,

I'm not either. I've been sick since Christmas. I pretty much wrote off the holiday season this year because I had too much to do. Now that everything was done, my body finally conked out and I got a horrible flu and then, just as I thought I was getting better, got conjunctivitis which means, the outer coating of the eyes gets infected by an uncomfortable gooey substance that you cannot wipe away because it is highly contagious.

I think my celebration will be when I am not sick anymore.

It's ok not to party if you don't feel up to it. Why does anyone HAVE to party. That defeats the whole purpose of partying. Aren't parties supposed to be fun? If you "HAVE" to go to a party, that's an obligation and not always fun and more like work.

Only party when you really have the energy to do so.

Don't worry about sitting it out. Never feel as if you are supposed to do anything. Life shouldn't be that complicated. Just follow your way. Maybe it's a good thing that you are telling yourself not to go out. I know my entire body is telling me: "dude get some rest. party later when you're feeling better."

So yeah, I'm gonna sit this one out and have a absolute blast even though I will be doing absolutely nothing.

I remember one New Year (sorry for rambling) but (and I think this part is important as it relates to that "supposed to" thing you were mentioning) I recall one time, that, my cousin started lecturing me for not going out last year (yeah, I didn't party on New Year's eve last year either, can't remember why, but there was a reason too). He kept saying, "man, you have to live your life and get out there and have some fun. it's not always about work you know..."

It really annoyed me, my cousin lecturing me. He doesn't even see me for 360 days out of the year, yet, he seems to know that I am NOT having a good time with my life? I can't stand it when people act negatively and even condescendingly (especially when they are too dumb to even have realized it).

I thought that was ridiculous. Anyways, I support your decision 100%. There's plenty of time to be having fun when "EVERYBODY" else is working 40 hours a week and we're the only one's that don't have to work. *hee hee hee*

Anyways, have a Happy New Year!

Tones

U rn't supposed to do anything 4 new years. Sit in front of ur TV and veg out wile u wait 2 watch the ball drop or whatever. U don't have 2 go 2 a big party or anything. Just celebrate being u and the new year and all the good things 2 come.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!<:-)

You are no freak, that happens to everybody, I'm in a situation truly similar, but don't worry, that only means you will have more energy for the next 365 days of partying. Plus, we are not "supposed to" do anything on this kind of days, we should just do what we like.

Nope... you're not a freak! I'm gonna sit here all night and download music to my mp3 player!!! But, maybe being at home with family is better than going out and possibly not having a good time!!!!!!! Happy New Year ('s Eve)!

It's 10:00 New Years Day here (Australia), and I didn't go anywhere or do anything special NYE. I made myself a nice pizza with garlic bread, got a good DVD and flick over the channels on TV. Saw a good french film called "Taxi", Watched the fireworks over Sydney Harbour on TV at midnight, SMSed a few family and friends "Happy New Year", made my New Years resolution and went to bed.

Not everyone is going out and poisoning themselves with alcohol. Not ever one feels the need to go out among the crazies tonight.

You are tired from working this is so understandable! You are not a freak but a hard working gal who is tired. Nothing wrong with this!

Whip yourself up some treats find a good movie and relax, you deserve it!

It's warm and balmy in Florida, but I'm sitting home with you and Yahoo. Tomorrow is a big dinner day, but tonight, just another night. I wish you the best year ever, starting first thing in the morning!

Truthfully, I'm lying in bed with the laptop, watching TV, and answering these questions. I will more then likely fall asleep before the new year comes in. Although, it's already New Year's in lots of different places. Happy New Year's !!!! ~~~~

• Ruth

Holly me to! This place is dead. So I guess it is just you and me and this old computer answering questions someone put up here a week ago. Because they are all out partying tonight.

It is freezing cold outside and i should be doing homework.